The Travel Thread Page 2

Again think I have posted this elsewhere but one of my favourite natural sights is a little cove just outside of Dunbar. I wish I could have taken a picture but it's a bit hard on a moving train.

Wasn't impressed with Barcelona, about which everybody raves, but will bore you all tomorrow with Kintyre where I've just spent 3 weeks.

Did you experience the Mull?
Whatever that might be.

Driving to the Mull is dicing with death! Have done it a number of times but not this year. Also involves a massive walk down, then up (to return) a windy road with hairpin bends (cars not allowed).

Here are some pictures from the Mull (the area where the helicopter crashed some years ago) Apologies for the size - I don't know how to make them smaller.
Here's the warning sign ...

the winding road (andit keeps well on going out of view here, down to the lighthouse)...
View from near the car park - looks across to Northern Ireland ...

Oooh, nice pics!

Has that sign been written on by Beatles fans or something?

Don't think there was anything on it.

Ah, it looked like loads of scribbles to me, but maybe it's just weather beaten marks.

It does look to be covered in writing.

Why am I not seeing this? Huh? I see the bottom of white lettering but that was part of the legitimate notice board. Can't remember what it said as it wasn't anything unusual.

Ah. We are talking about different signs! We mean 'End of public road Turn Here'. :)
(Which also has odd capitalisation choices.)

Ah - you mean the 'End of Road' sign. I think it was just the ususal rubbish - don't remember seeing anything amazing. Actually Paul McCartney's farm isn't really near the actual Mull. It's nearer Campbeltown. And the pipe band marching on the beach was slightly further away again inb a village called Saddell on the east coast of the peninsula.

I thought Croatia was lovely - especially the area around Dubrovnik.

Quote: bigfella @ June 17 2012, 8:51 AM BST

Off to various Baltic capitals in a weeks time, Talin in Estonia is meant to be nice. Hoping to see northern lights, but we will see.

Only just seen this thread and I'm off on a similar cruise at the end of the month. How was it?

As it is coming up to holiday season and I love a bit of a wander. Last year Amsterdam, Gran Canaria, Berlin, Prague, Vienna, Budapest and then Berlin again.This year Sicily done and Russia coming up.
I get my bug from watching Mr Palin travelling around the place. I love finding new places and even wrote a blog about the European tour and Sicily. Have we any other itchy feet journeymen/women here?

Quote: roscoff @ 29th May 2017, 11:15 PM

As it is coming up to holiday season and I love a bit of a wander. Last year Amsterdam, Gran Canaria, Berlin, Prague, Vienna, Budapest and then Berlin again.This year Sicily done and Russia coming up.
I get my bug from watching Mr Palin travelling around the place. I love finding new places and even wrote a blog about the European tour and Sicily. Have we any other itchy feet journeymen/women here?

I've not been abroad for a long time and am desperate to visit Vienna and Salzburg. I've been saying this to myself for years and I need to get of my arris and do something about it. This stint of hot weather has also been making me think of holidays in spain and how it's ok to have beer with breakfast and nap in the afternoon to rest for the main boozingathon.

One of the most memorable holiday experiences I've had is when I was flying over Los Angeles. It went on forever and I was in awe at the size of it. It was 1995 so I will have been listening to Living Colour or Counting Crows on a walkman at the time.