What are you watching on TV? Page 2,109

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 27th May 2017, 10:58 AM

Phil Jupitus is the undisputed king when it comes to this phenomenon. He doesn't even need a "moment", he's just hijacking the show shouting his unfunny rubbish. I don't envy the host when he's one of the guest pannelists.
He may be a nice and clever person but he ruins every panel show for me so usually I don't watch a show anymore when he's in the line up.

Oh jesus christ yes. He is definitely the king of it. The emperor.

Not a comedy but has anyone else seen "The Handmaiden's Tale"?

Very disturbing.

I'm sure it's amazing but I couldn't bear to watch. Too close to potentially becoming reality.

Political debate.

Spending my day off watching Upstart Crow. I'd never seen it. Seems like something I should have already seen. But that's true of so many shows. I'll never catch up. But I'll tey.

Planning on catching up on Taskmaster today too.

Broken. The Jimmy McGovern drams scheduled to start last week but postponed because of what happened in Manchester.

Quite - predictably - grim.

Quote: Davida Grimes @ 30th May 2017, 2:17 AM

Spending my day off watching Upstart Crow. I'd never seen it. Seems like something I should have already seen. But that's true of so many shows. I'll never catch up. But I'll tey.

Then you should soon come across the entrancing word 'arsemungle'. I'm trying to use it as often as possible.

On BBC Breakfast this morning the lady sports presenter referred to some sporting event as being "wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am". Err, excuse me...........did I hear you right? The two main presenters looked suitably embarrassed.

Just saw Kenny Everett introducing Tears for Fears on BBC4's Sounds of the 80s.

Never seen it before but with a good review in today's paper I'm watching Fargo - series 3 episode 1.

I watched Britains Got Talent last night.......which should be renamed with a large HAS NOT in the middle.
But Amanda Holden was flashing her threepenny's
The cameras darn't focus on her, just showing her head and shoulders.
And Twitter lit up with 'disgusting' 'family show' 'trollop' etc

She must have purchased some very trustworthy t*t tape!

She is a little cutie

Lovey

Quote: keewik @ 30th May 2017, 10:19 PM

Then you should soon come across the entrancing word 'arsemungle'. I'm trying to use it as often as possible.

I'll work it into my daily usage. That is a good one.

I've also been on a little project to try to get my dad, who is the one who got me into UK comedy over 20 years ago via monty python and mr bean etc. to enjoy some other british comedy. I thought to try a silly daft sketch show, since he likes python, and went for Bang Bang! It's Reeves and Mortimer, since I had the DVD on hand, and he liked it so much he wanted to watch two more episodes after the first. That's never happened before. Even my mom, who actively dislikes comedy and telly in general was laughing. It was a really sweet family bonding moment. I bet I could get my gran into some of this stuff too. Though I think her taste would be slightly more sophisticated. Might try Inside no 9 with her. Or Black Books or something. I think maybe she's seen Black Books already, actually. She's a pretty hip old lady.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 2nd June 2017, 8:05 AM

I watched Britains Got Talent last night.......which should be renamed with a large HAS NOT in the middle.
But Amanda Holden was flashing her threepenny's
The cameras darn't focus on her, just showing her head and shoulders.
And Twitter lit up with 'disgusting' 'family show' 'trollop' etc

A shame she couldn't get one in the right size - or maybe not!

Really though it does make her seem a bit sad having to go to such lengths for attention. What do you think Les Dennis?