Here's Harry

Last night watched 3 epsiodes of Harry Worth's series Here's Harry. Haven't seen this one before, but enjoyed it. I remember him more from his very last series Oh Happy Band! in the early 1980s. :D

Where did you see it? It is not one that I have.

Nor I.

But I'd rather like to 'see' them .....

Whistling nnocently

I have the following Here's Harry :-

The Bicycle (Timecode)
The Voice (Timecode)
The Holiday (Timecode)
The Request (Timecode)
The Medals (Timecode)

In July this year Harry's work is to finally be released on DVD.
Details at www.harryworth.info

Quote: Roy @ March 26 2010, 8:55 AM GMT

In July this year Harry's work is to finally be released on DVD.
Details at www.harryworth.info

I would assume that as Trevor at Revelation is trawling through the Thames catalgoue that he will only be releasing Thirty Minutes Worth, My Name Is Harry Worth and How's Your Father - not the BBC titles? .. nor on two plain DVDs with no artwork?

Quote: Alan Cornforth @ March 26 2010, 2:39 PM BST

I would assume that as Trevor at Revelation is trawling through the Thames catalgoue that he will only be releasing Thirty Minutes Worth, My Name Is Harry Worth and How's Your Father - not the BBC titles? .. nor on two plain DVDs with no artwork?

They are the Thames series not the BBC ones. I would not imagine for one moment they are on plain DVDs.

OnTuesday 20th July the British Comedy Society will pay tribute to Yorkshire-born comedy legend Harry Worth,the 21st anniversary of his death, by unveiling a blue commemorative plaque in his home-town of Barnsley. JIMMY CRICKET, an old friend who worked many times with Harry, has kindly agreed to pull the unveiling cord at 12 noon, at 47 Fitzwilliam Street, Hoyland Common where Harry was born on 20th November 1917.

After the ceremony a cold buffet will be available for only £5 per person at the nearby Hoyland Common Working Men's Club. There will be a pay bar for your liquid requirements. Lunches need to be pre-booked and paid for NO LATER THAN 15TH JULY, so please send your cheques to
John Gatenby,
Hon Treasurer BCS,
37 Langbourne Avenue,
London N6 6PS
without delay.

Pop the date in your diary now and join us to witness this historic event.

Have very foggy memories only of Mr Worth's comedy, obviously the weird looking (to a 5 year old) leg raising routine stands out (thankyou) but little, ney, nothing else. Oh did he have something going on with his hat as well? Would it be true to say that the dreaded 'gentle comedy' tag was created for Harry Worth himself, or is this too unfair?

BTW love your moniker Err :D

Hi Alfred

Yes he did have a distinctive way with the hat. If you watch the opening sequence he used to pull the hat down , put his hand over his mouth then push the hat back up again.

As for 'gentle comedy' tag being produced just for him, I think it could have applied to lots of comedians in the past.
Norman Evans
Frank Randle
Jimmy Clitheroe
Hugh Lloyd
The list goes on

Roy

I have managed to see 9 episodes in the past few years thanks to YouTube. Thankfully now all 11 surviving episodes are going to be released on DVD. I assume I have the correct information that 11 episodes survive?

Yes, really good news. Looking forward to seeing it.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/heres_harry/shop/5420/complete_surviving/

11 episodes survive according to my records, but the currently quoted run-time for the DVD would suggest only 10 are included. I should have confirmation of the details in the next day or so.

Met him in a petrol station in Hemel Hempstead in the mid 80s and what sticks out in my mind was his head of thick white hair.....................just thought I throw that in. Cool

I loved the Harry Worth shows - and, I didn't know he was a Yorkshire lad.

I'm very pleased to be able to confirm that the eleventh surviving episode, discovered last year by Kaleidoscope, WILL indeed be included in the forthcoming DVD box set.

Pre-order here: https://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B071LJG89S/comedyguide-21/