Car Share - Series 2 Page 2

Surely if you've got a computer you've got access to iPlayer!

Quote: Chappers @ 12th April 2017, 11:24 PM

Not if you live outside of the UK.

I've downloaded all 4 episodes and watched one last night. I enjoyed it very much.

Well, I've seen the first two of the new series so far, and I loved them.

I honestly thought Peter Kay was doing a double in the 2nd episode though. I had to check the credits to see if it was him. Looking forward to the rest of the series now.

Caught episode 2...the best so far for me. Elsie played by Conleth Hill (I had to look him up as had no idea who played her and had not heard of him, looks like he was in Game of Thrones) ) was an unbelievably funny believable drunk and I want more of him/her!
Best comedy on TV at the moment it has to be said.

He's doing alright for a fat northern bloke.
All the punani is after him.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 19th April 2017, 6:00 PM

Oranges are not the only fruit and garlic is not the only bread.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 19th April 2017, 6:00 PM

He's doing alright for a fat northern bloke.

Idiotic comment. Punani is the plural of punanum, so it should be "*are* after him". ;)

I thought 1 was nice, but a wee bit thin, 2 was brilliant, and 3 was very funny, but I think the shark-vaulting comment above is possibly fair. Not watched 4 yet, but I am looking forward to it.

Just saw ep 4, thought it worked well.

So, could they not afford "Everybody Hurts", then?

How depressing is it the way people are influenced by what they see on TV. Apparently Now 48 (Was that the right one?) has now picked up considerable sales as a result of being mentioned in this series.

You think that every Now album should be as popular as every other Now album?

Quote: ScotiaNova @ 12th April 2017, 11:22 AM

Don't have access to iPlayer?
Whole series (4 episodes) are available.

Quote: Chappers @ 12th April 2017, 11:24 PM

Quote: Shandonbelle @ 12th April 2017, 3:19 PM

Oh and quit with the spoilers for us who choose to wait!

Yes

Yes

and

YES!!

I don't want to see all four in one go so choose to watch them as per weekly - I am the same with box sets (though not weekly) as I don't understand people gorging themselves by watching the whole set in one go. Tedious or what.

Anyway, enjoyed all of them. So, no one on here said..............I presume the leaping car top to car top was all in his head and he missed his opportunity to tell her he loved her, and she missed his record dedication which told her as much and so..............:(....................it all finished up..........:(............... as unrequited love............Teary

I came to Car Share quite late; I saw the first series, by chance, just a week before the beginning of series 2. I quite enjoyed it, to be honest: it was quite gentle and I liked the subtlety and visual gags. I don't really mind Peter Kay, although - (should I admit this?) - I've never actually seen any of his other stuff.

I particularly enjoyed the ending, although not as much as I enjoyed the meltdown on Social Media afterwards. :)

Let's try to get positive TV back on the BBC. Please sign the petition! #CarShare https://www.change.org/p/please-make-a-car-share-series-3 9,500 signatures so far

Quote: James A Wright @ 24th May 2017, 8:28 PM

Let's try to get positive TV back on the BBC. Please sign the petition! #CarShare https://www.change.org/p/please-make-a-car-share-series-3 9,500 signatures so far

I'd love to see more episodes, but it's probably gone about as far as they can take it.

It would be clever of Peter Kay to address the cliffhanger ending by inserting the two characters into another unrelated show somewhere down the line. They wouldn't even need to be part of the storyline or have speaking roles, just show John and Kayleigh laughing and walking arm-in-arm in the background of a shot. It would leave the original series' ending unsullied, but it would make a lot of viewers smile and it would probably blow up on social media.

Yes, tinge of sadness there that they didn't quite make it.