BCG Fantasy Premier League 2016/17 Page 36

Quote: Gerry McDonnell @ 22nd May 2017, 2:20 PM

My team-name next year will be 'Always Sonny'..

Quote: ContainsNuts @ 22nd May 2017, 4:35 PM

I might call mine 'Son of a Bilic'..

Team names for next year? Ain't No Sunshine? Don The Waterfront? Cab Fer? Hmmm.. personally:

I'm Papin It

Quote: ContainsNuts @ 22nd May 2017, 11:34 PM

It was part of it. I was taking punts too much especially with my captain choices. Although, I still did that with my TC and Jesus instead of Sanchez or Kane who would've made my season a lot better. Looking for differentials can kill you.

Agreed about the differentials. Carroll and Okazaki anyone? Although Coleman worked out well for me and Gerry and I got useful points from Phillips. Your choice of Vardy brought you big points GW30 and 32 that I couldn't make up.

Don't you think team value was a factor? You surely would have liked to swap out a keeper or a midfielder on the final day - I mean you got the maximum from your players I think.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 22nd May 2017, 11:22 PM

Awww shucks, thank you Steve. I love you too. :$

He taking the piss. Although he's out of order because I made special post for Gerry before I commented on anyone else.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 23rd May 2017, 2:57 PM

He taking the piss. Although he's out of order because I made special post for Gerry before I commented on anyone else.

"He taking the piss" Oh is him um - man speak with fork tongue um.

And like I took it serious...............Jesus Christ you take the biscuit.

Fine, so long as you know. I wouldn't just take it.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 22nd May 2017, 11:19 PM

See
When I leave myself out of the mix, you get the best end to a season since last year
You're all welcome

Well done Gerry for joining me on two official victories
I hope to meet you in real life one day wink wink

To paraphrase Godot
If I'd have stayed in & made all the right transfers & picked the most sensible formations each time *& dropped Sanchez but bought him back for no reason from time to time & used all my chips at the optimum moment then I would have more points than I currently have

But today is all about Gerry,
and Godot maybe, and probably Don, Oh and Herc

Well done, Steve - you had the fifth highest points tally for May despite not even playing. You even beat Splodge who was trying for third place. That 'performance' beautifully highlights why I post comments on the game that you feel the need to ridicule.

Your paraphrasing of me is a very poor effort and reeks of sour grapes. I've really enjoyed this season - it finished extremely well and the best player won and everybody has said that. I've also thrown plenty of praise your way, but you're not charitable enough to give anything back.

That's alright, but just remember that this forum is a real thing and what we say on here and how we act actually happens. You actually are a quitter and a lurker. And now a bad sport.

Quote: don rushmore @ 22nd May 2017, 2:24 AM

Unfortunately, you and me aside, there appears to be zero interest in this.

Untenable is the right word. I'm seriously considering calling it a day. We've had the "things need to change" conversation so many times but they never do.

Even with better admin we still need, IMO, at least 10 regular posters to make the game/thread worthwhile. This season we had, at best, 5 or 6, which isn't enough.

No idea how to attract more players though. We could probably entice Steve back with a few cow pies, but beyond that I don't have a clue.

Some people will come back next season I think. Possibly George Kaplan - or his friend Roger Thornhill. Ben maybe. Badge might be persuaded, but probably not, he doesn't much like swearing. Perhaps Roy Keane, considering the mood.

Gerry pointed out that he was two-time champion, but both you and I can't say for definite where we came thanks to people like Percival Marsh and DQs that didn't happen but probably should have.

I does need to change, but getting people to reply to posts is a problem here, let alone organise anything. It's less of a problem for some posters like Anton or Gerry, I would imagine as they're in lots of other mini-leagues.

I banned myself from BCG for as long as it took me to achieve a certain ambition or die trying so the Footy was my only connection. Which was to be honest quite nice to see you all still alive...(sobs quietly.)

Two teams could be interesting - I quite liked the Ultimate FPL model they did a few years ago where you had to pick a squad, but I played that alongside the standard FPL and ended up doing badly at both because I started doing things like captaining Adel Taraabt for "variety".

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 22nd May 2017, 7:19 PM

Thanks Splodge. You came back well. I hope my pep talk in GW35 encouraged you.

It did, so thanks for that.

Diego Costa lulling Don and Herc into a false sense of security also helped too.

Quote: roscoff @ 24th May 2017, 7:03 PM

I banned myself from BCG for as long as it took me to achieve a certain ambition or die trying so the Footy was my only connection. Which was to be honest quite nice to see you all still alive...(sobs quietly.)

I think this is all a ruse and like Chappers before, you've spent eight months trying to remember your Fantasy Football password.

Quote: Splodge @ 24th May 2017, 7:29 PM

I think this is all a ruse and like Chappers before, you've spent eight months trying to remember your Fantasy Football password.

As always Splodge accurate and insightful.

Quote: Splodge @ 24th May 2017, 7:29 PM

Diego Costa lulling Don and Herc into a false sense of security also helped

You know how to wound a man when he is down. :( You hard bastard - don't I have enough to put up with...............with God. Teary

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 23rd May 2017, 2:57 PM

Agreed about the differentials. Carroll and Okazaki anyone? Although Coleman worked out well for me and Gerry and I got useful points from Phillips. Your choice of Vardy brought you big points GW30 and 32 that I couldn't make up.

Don't you think team value was a factor? You surely would have liked to swap out a keeper or a midfielder on the final day - I mean you got the maximum from your players I think.

Oh I have so many things I'd have liked to have done differentally. I followed almost zero football in November because of a really tough month so was winging it plus blind punting as I was mid-table. That was the biggest problem I think I had. But finishing in the top 0.5% of all teams is good. My second best season ever.

I didn't really get my keepers right and getting three quality strikers only happened late on. My midfield was decent through out but not enough consistency from my defenders. Will be tough to get Lukaku and Kane in your team next season. Massive price-hikes expected.

It's A Knockaert!