I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,918

I can not believe we've all missed the big story of the moment. A Brown bear with 29 thousand posts has just joined the forum. They don't have opposable thumbs, quick someone interview him.:O

Quote: zooo @ 20th May 2017, 10:48 AM

Who the ever loving f**kery do you think I was talking to in my post?
Not everything everybody says is directed towards you, Herc.

It was a reply attached to my post, so I naturally assumed. You have to admit it was a bit vague if that is what you meant. Maybe a big red arrow next time or attach your pointer to your sister. ( ;) Couldn't resist that)

It just happened to be after your post in the thread. But okay.

Quote: Firkin @ 20th May 2017, 10:59 AM

I can not believe we've all missed the big story of the moment. A Brown bear with 29 thousand posts has just joined the forum. They don't have opposable thumbs, quick someone interview him.:O

He must have thumbs. Otherwise how does he open all his satsumas? :O

I hate reading news like this.

http://news.sky.com/story/confirmed-fatalities-in-manchester-arena-explosion-10889460

Not looking good.

Horrendous news about Manchester. Those poor people.

Terrible, terrible.
And now all the Pussy footing and rhetoric for fear of offending any religion or culture.

What is really spooky is that this 'human' in appearance alone was loitering, waiting until end of concert.

But what measures they will take now is anyone's guess - body scanners? Cost of tickets will soar and people may stop going to gigs generally as not worth the risk, but years ago I remember security taking the top off my bottle of Coke to get into O2, and at another venue, they were taking mobile phones off people and throwing into a large recepticle in a big pile, and I refused as didn't want to queue all night getting right one back (how does that work?) so went back to car to put in glove box. I also always had contents of my bag tipped out . . . why the hell does this not seem to be happening now?

My understanding is that the deluded, godless, child murdering bag of shit detonated his bomb outside of the main arena - possibly on the concourse - so he did not go through any security check. It is hard to think how this could have been prevented. Crowds entering or exiting any venue or transport hub are always going to be vulnerable.

May he rot in hell...

Quote: playfull @ 23rd May 2017, 3:32 PM

My understanding is that the deluded, godless, child murdering bag of shit detonated his bomb outside of the main arena

Okay . . . I was clearly not taking all information in properly when I saw news early this morning. But I can see entry into places like shopping malls being flanked by such security before long to protect the innocent, as it breaks my heart that children were targeted this time. I wonder if these 'people' have kids themselves, but regardless, they need to be rounded up before they do any such atrocity and dumped on a grotty island somewhere so they can only kill each other, if that was possible.

Quote: playfull @ 23rd May 2017, 3:32 PM

the deluded, godless, child murdering bag of shit.

May he rot in hell...

Says it for me.

Weird moments in history:

The candidates in the Durham North West constituency in the 1992 General Election:

https://ichef-1.bbci.co.uk/news/624/cpsprodpb/AC63/production/_96013144_durham.png

Armstrong won.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 18th July 2016, 9:58 AM

Ask yourself why they need to spread themselves throughout the world even when they are clearly not welcome in most countries, and then remember that it is not the nice pleasant law abiding Muslims you need to worry about, it is when their children reach adulthood.

Dunno why I am posting this really as I think anything that is done now will be too little too late.

I already read that.

Intelligence leaks in US re Manchester are a bloody disgrace. Their intelligence people are either idiots or not to be trusted. So much for the 'special relationship'. Traitors!