Only Connect Page 32

I think the problem is splatterings of knowledge. I know Barry Wom and Dirk McQuickley or Bjorn and Abathea (sp?) but who are the rest?

No worries. Ron Nasty, Stig, Benny, Annifrid. The Rutles did appear on a Connecting Wall.

Here is another one. Find the connection.

1. Circular: Edgeware Rd & Hammersmith

Just had email to say that Series 13 is in the can and went well, but no broadcast date.
Have to wait also to see how many they finally used of mine and how much moolah I'll get, speaking of which the editor informs us that many more people submitted questions, which of course means less chance of you hitting the right spot, especially when they say:-

"There are many unused questions, particularly Round 1 connections, and I'm sure we'll find a home for them in a future series. We have them all kept safely in a virtual vault."

Hmmmm. .:(

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 18th May 2017, 1:51 PM

Here is another one. Find the connection.

1. Edgeware Rd & Hammersmith

London edition of Monopoly?

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 18th May 2017, 3:25 PM

London edition of Monopoly?

No, sorry.

2. Geographical: Bradford & Holbeck (Near Leeds).

Congrats with the new series, by the way.

Building societies (or merged and defunk ones)

Is it to do with where transportation lines end ? So Edgware road & Hamersmith, both have tube lines ending there. Holbeck is where a motorway ends. And when you arrive in Bradford you just want to end it. Its also where a motorway ends (the big blue one).

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 19th May 2017, 7:34 AM

Congrats with the new series, by the way.

Ta. :)

As I've said before, I may set them but that doesn't mean I can answer them - I've had my only stab. :D

But I will now have another look now until I glaze over and realise nothing is going in.

No one yet.

3. Presidential: William (McKinley) & William (Taft)

And final clue; someone might get it from this.

4. Nomenclature: Anthony & Hancock.

I've since edited the clues to improve clarity.

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 19th May 2017, 12:28 PM

No one yet.

I've since edited the clues to improve clarity.

Really? :S Sorry Paul, you have lost me. The last two suggest HHH but that seems too obvious.

Are they all references to Hancocks half hour ? Kenneth Williams etc...

'e lived in Landan by the railway.

OK my go. First clue = 30 minutes.

Quote: Firkin @ 21st May 2017, 11:14 AM

OK my go. First clue = 30 minutes.

Er, bit of manners, Firk.

The link is that they have bears in the middle. Edgewear Rd and Hammersmith have Paddington in the middle (on the Circle Line, anyway), Pudsey lies between Bradford and Holbeck, Teddy (Roosevelt) was between the Williams mentioned and Aloysius is Anthony Hancock's middle name in the series, the bear on Brideshead Revisited.

(Pause)

Is it a link or do we have to find the fourth, Firkin? If it's the latter, my guess is "6 months".

Hi Paul, when you put 4. Anthony Hancock, I was convinced. So 30 minutes = half an hour, was jesting and on the way to Hancocks half hour. I have no idea what 2 or 3 are. I Panicked. You, Herc and Billy are good quiz master, I shall leave this in your fine collective hand.

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 21st May 2017, 11:28 AM

The link is that they have bears in the middle. Edgewear Rd and Hammersmith have Paddington in the middle (on the Circle Line, anyway), Pudsey lies between Bradford and Holbeck, Teddy (Roosevelt) was between the Williams mentioned and Aloysius is Anthony Hancock's middle name in the series, the bear on Brideshead Revisited.

Good one - just goes to show how impossible they are to guess.

Quote: Firkin @ 21st May 2017, 11:46 AM

You, Herc and Billy are good quiz master, I shall leave this in your fine collective hand.

Thanks for your vote of confidence but the one I relayed was just one that I recalled being previously shown on the programme. Can't remember any others I'm afraid.

Just had to invoice the OC production company for the questions they used in the now recorded/pending airing No. 13 and there's good news and.................

Bad news is they didn't use so many of mine on this series :( Good news is one of mine is in the final, which is a feather in my cap as they have to be harder/sharper (?) and this is the first time for me. :D