BCG Fantasy Premier League 2016/17 Page 33

No words.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 18th May 2017, 8:14 PM

F**k me, Erikson rested so Gerry gets assist points from Donkey Son (see what I did there?) can't catch a break.

Gee

What a GW! Only saw the Spurs result this morning. Crazy! Pretty much ended hopes of 1st place and 2nd is under threat now but I believe I can't be caught in the H2H league so swings and roundabouts. Well done Gerry and Godot this week. ;)

Quote: Splodge @ 18th May 2017, 9:54 PM

No words.

Laughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loud

I hadn't realised you had your eye on my podium place and my shit-coloured bronze medal. Sorry.

Wolfgang Mozart was 'Amadeus' - 'beloved of God'. Despite being a tone-deaf Brummie who can't even spell the word harpsichord, it seems that Gerry is Mozart's heir, and has the ear of the man upstairs, as witnessed by the following pre-match statements:

Quote: Gerry McDonnell @ 17th May 2017, 4:01 PM

Ideally, I need a Son hat-trick tomorrow to give me a bit of breathing-room. It's going to be an exciting few days...

Quote: Splodge @ 17th May 2017, 2:09 PM

need Kane to not score and Bailly to make a thirty second cameo to nullify Jagielka in order to take it to the final game week.

Quote: ContainsNuts @ 19th May 2017, 2:23 PM

What a GW! Only saw the Spurs result this morning. Crazy! Pretty much ended hopes of 1st place and 2nd is under threat now but I believe I can't be caught in the H2H league so swings and roundabouts. Well done Gerry and Godot this week. ;)

You casual bastard. Gerry and I were glued to the match last night. Well I was glued to my crappy radio and Gerry was sitting in his clique winner's robes in front of his 55" Sky feed.

Despite getting 93points from one player I'm still not happy because Erikson didn't play. We all had players who didn't play both games but Erikson benched and Son playing was worst-case scenario by far. Son has been a real irritant for me because when Gerry finally cracked and bought a Spurs player I knew he couldn't afford Erikson or Alli. Erikson playing would have definitely gone some way to neutralising those 19 Son points.

Thanks for the praise - the first I have received all season. It's not really talent to see Harry Kane's quality. Amusingly Kane was fifth or sixth in the Fantasy Scout captain poll below Jesus, c**tface and Hazard. Laughing out loud

One of the posters on there has an overall rank of 200 odd and has been dismissive of a few of my comments. I looked at his team over the course of the season and he hasn't made a single inspired or 'clever' decision - just gone with obvious choices (well, obvious to me). He TC'd Aguero like many when he was struggling to fit into Pep's stop-start attack, bought Baines when Gerry and I had been racking up the points from Coleman and didn't spot the early good form of Lukaku like yourself and Don. He basically got all of his extra points over me from having Sanchez and captaining him.

So I'm really happy in one way - I've played the game I wanted to play and not to take away Gerry's lead (and presumed win) - because he has played well, as you have, yourself - I've gifted him the title by not buying Shitface. And he knows it. Wave

Don suggested having two teams in future - and I was against it, but it might be worth trying next season - whatever happens to the clique - to see if I can win by removing these handicaps from myself. Of course if Sanchez f**ks off to the Bundesliga it won't matter.

This is like an all-in texas holdem showdown:

Gerry - two bullets;
Anton - two kings;
Don & Godot - pair of queens.

Quote: ContainsNuts @ 19th May 2017, 2:23 PM

I believe I can't be caught in the H2H league so swings and roundabouts.

All a bit academic for me now, just got rid of McAuley and blew what money I had over on Kompany...................................not that anyone cares. Teary

Had a go a Gerry for a couple of weeks or so and had been leading the Herc2Herc for many weeks, and now, the bridesmaid.

Quote: SSTT @ 19th May 2017, 5:57 PM

This is like an all-in texas holdem showdown:

Gerry - two bullets;
Anton - two kings;
Don & Godot - pair of queens.

Laughing out loud

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 20th May 2017, 12:04 PM

All a bit academic for me now, just got rid of McAuley and blew what money I had over on Kompany...................................not that anyone cares. Teary

Had a go a Gerry for a couple of weeks or so and had been leading the Herc2Herc for many weeks, and now, the bridesmaid.

I didn't even know the head 2 head league existed.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 20th May 2017, 8:53 PM

Har De Har. Unimpressed

*Edit................just had a thought - If so, how did you know it was called the head 2 head league ? I didn't say that. :D

I don't think I like Harry Kane much.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 20th May 2017, 8:53 PM

Oh I did! Only in the last month, but I think it's actually the better League to win as it's directly against your opponents and also because it's the one I won! :P

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 21st May 2017, 12:47 AM

Har De Har. Unimpressed

*Edit................just had a thought - If so, how did you know it was called the head 2 head league ? I didn't say that. :D

Er, because I've got a brain?

Gerry's not in it either. I'm not trying to belittle it - I genuinely didn't know about it.

*Edit Gerry is in it. But Splodge isn't.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 20th May 2017, 12:04 PM

and now, the bridesmaid.

In consolation, the bridesmaid's usually better looking.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 19th May 2017, 4:04 PM

Wolfgang Mozart was 'Amadeus' - 'beloved of God'. Despite being a tone-deaf Brummie who can't even spell the word harpsichord, it seems that Gerry is Mozart's heir, and has the ear of the man upstairs, as witnessed by the following pre-match statements:

That's a delightful couple of lines :)

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 19th May 2017, 4:48 PM

You casual bastard. Gerry and I were glued to the match last night. Well I was glued to my crappy radio and Gerry was sitting in his clique winner's robes in front of his 55" Sky feed.

Laughing out loud I couldn't watch the game, but I had an app that would send me updates whenever something significant occured. When Son scored his second I shed a little tear :)