The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 663

Coming to the end of the EPL season now... what are your thoughts on Arsenal? Can they make it into the top 4, against the odds? How about Wenger, if they manage it, should he stay?

I hope so as I am an Arsenal supporter - and yes he should be given a new contract,

10 years would be fine by me. For me, integrity is the most important factor in power.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 12th May 2017, 9:03 AM

I hope so as I am an Arsenal supporter - and yes he should be given a new contract,

10 years would be fine by me. For me, integrity is the most important factor in power.

I am at a complete loss as to why some of the "fans" start baying for blood just because a few results don't go their way. He has been a brilliant manager. Loyalty pays dividends in the end, but then I don't suppose the mono-browed, ground-knuckle scraping troglodytes can't see that.

By the way, it was written in the stars - have you noticed his name is nearly the name of the club. Laughing out loud Whistling nnocently

It was indeed Herc.

I'm just glad that it was Newcastle who were sponsored by Wonga.

Incidentally, what a great picture from Dyham - I've never seen a fox disguised as a dog disguised as a mouse before.

I would love to see no red English teams in the Champions League.

And Arsenal would really have to pull their fingers out to qualify. I mean they could only score 2 goals against Sutton United (who finished comfortably in 12th position so staying in the 5th division for another year at least!)

Whatever you may feel about Chelsea, there's no denying Conte's passion.

Champions! AGAIN!!!!!

Stephen Goodlad will be a happy boy today after Huddersfield made it through to the playoff final.

So Big Sam has decided it's time to retire!

Well Don?

Quote: Will Cam @ 18th May 2017, 8:32 AM

Stephen Goodlad will be a happy boy today after Huddersfield made it through to the playoff final.

Going down that there London on Monday.
Me knees are already knocking.

Let's hope sentiment doesn't get in the way of tonight's match. Come on Ajax!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YACLQOt9NgI

Huddersfield Town in the Premiership!

Just had to write that line to see how it looked.

Yeah, looks good

The England manager/coach tweeted

Gary Neville?Verified account @GNev2 15h15 hours ago
More
Gary Neville Retweeted Sky Sports News HQ
With Yorkshire and the North East poorly represented in the PL l'm happy with this result.

Don't go overboard there Gary - us peasants know our place

Great result for you Stephen - but no poaching Alex Smithies!!!

Congratulations, everyone loves a fairytale result! I'm sure the penalties were pretty nail-biting for you, but what would football be without a little drama? Or Gary Neville's oh-so-important opinions for that matter!

Nail biting eh, ya think :)
It can't be called pleasure because it was hurting all the time. Proper hurting hehe.

And as for Alex Smithies, we had to sell him when we were really skint (like every year - sell a top player to make ends meet)
He'd come back with bells on - being a born and bred Huddersfield lad and we have brass to spare next season (£200 million they reckon)