BCG Fantasy Premier League 2016/17 Page 32

Quote: Gerry McDonnell @ 11th May 2017, 11:10 AM

Ouch :)

Leave Steve Sunshine out of this!

Laughing out loud

Don't think the winner of the league has ever been in the balance before. As I write Gerry has made one transfer - presumably Hazard to KDB and clicked on his bench boost chip. Anton and Don have as yet made none and are sitting on both BB and TC chips. Splodge has made 5 (! presumably to bring Sanchez in) and will also be playing bench boost... Anyway it's time to stop your grinnin' and drop your linen. Good luck everybody and ask yourself the question:

Strong triple captain choices this week in the Race For Gerry - could be a difference maker in clawing back points, although I'm surprised nobody above me went for a midfielder (but not as surprised as SSTT plumping for Mahrez. However, if that pays off...).

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 12th May 2017, 4:37 PM

Don't think the winner of the league has ever been in the balance before. As I write Gerry has made one transfer - presumably Hazard to KDB and clicked on his bench boost chip. Anton and Don have as yet made none and are sitting on both BB and TC chips. Splodge has made 5 (! presumably to bring Sanchez in) and will also be playing bench boost... Anyway it's time to stop your grinnin' and drop your linen. Good luck everybody and ask yourself the question:

Albrighton in for Davies and then Sterling in for Firmino was the plan from two weeks ago, but I looked at my team in the week and thought so many players were already playing minimal minutes (Walker, Valencia) or were at danger at being rotated due to results (Hazard) that this week could fall flat, so I rang the changes.

Ideally, I would have liked a bench full of players with double game weeks, but in the end I went for what I hope will be the strongest outfield ten and then use the bench boost to pick up those dropped 16 points (and already that's all going swimmingly with Mason 'One Half, One Point" Holgate.

Hopefully on balance it will all pay off, but I'm sure Pep Guardiola will find some way to ruin my game week again.

Quote: Splodge @ 13th May 2017, 10:28 AM

you get two goals a game, even against gash teams like sunderland and boro and goals can come from anyone.

Should point out that I wrote that before they got two goals in the game.

Oh f**king great. My highest point scorer (McAuley 6) is now injured; but on the brighter side, I have at this point in time moved up a place to 4th.

Going to be an interesting week. Need to get some points from the City players I've gone for. Painful to say, believe me.

I was going to whinge on about now having an injured captain too in Sanchez, but seeing that the top 6 are all carrying him except for you know who, the one they speak of in hushed terms and given who the player is he must now be wetting himself and has pulled himself off at least a half a dozen times.

What a disgusting post.

I might smile if he was actually injured, but I'd be amazed if he didn't start. I would imagine he is quite resistant to injury as he has heavy upper body muscle development (lats - the muscles that make you look wedge shaped) and you can only get those from lifting weights. Most footballers don't do much weight lifting because you can tear your muscles very easily and the extra weight of the muscle slows you down. That's one of the reasons I hate him - that he has prioritised looking heavily muscled over mobility and speed on the pitch.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 15th May 2017, 12:25 PM

What a disgusting post.

Laughing out loud Sorry GT, I forgot you were delicate; but you know you should take yourself in hand and have one off the wrist now and then as it would relieve all that pent up frustration and anger you are bottling up. :)

I think tonight could be a season defining night for some of us. Gerry has a big lead so far going into the last GW. I'm glad I've at least given him a few tense weeks in the run-in. :)

It looks like the five transfer gamble has turned out ok, given that half of my team from last time round have ended up on the beach this week, so I think I've finally done enough to see off Herc and Don.

In terms of top 3 though, I'd need Kane to not score and Bailly to make a thirty second cameo to nullify Jagielka in order to take it to the final game week.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 15th May 2017, 12:25 PM

That's one of the reasons I hate him - that he has prioritised looking heavily muscled over mobility and speed on the pitch.

Is this another?

There was a moment in the Arsenal v Stoke game when Shaqiri and Sanchez bumped into each other. Virtually the same body, just with interchangeable heads.

Quote: ContainsNuts @ 14th May 2017, 12:33 AM

Going to be an interesting week. Need to get some points from the City players I've gone for. Painful to say, believe me.

At around 8.25 last night, the De Bruyne gamble was looking like a bad idea, but it turned out alright. I'm sure you also thought it was incredibly kind of Pep to safely remove Kompany from the field of play before putting John Stones on to destroy everyone else's clean sheet dream.

Quote: ContainsNuts @ 16th May 2017, 10:17 AM

I think tonight could be a season defining night for some of us. Gerry has a big lead so far going into the last GW. I'm glad I've at least given him a few tense weeks in the run-in. :)

Tense is an understatement :)

I'm still not confident, you have your bench boost and I have 3 Chelsea players and 2 from Southammpton who probably won't play the last game. It looks like a points hit will be needed to get a full team out...

Ideally, I need a Son hat-trick tomorrow to give me a bit of breathing-room. It's going to be an exciting few days...

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 16th May 2017, 9:37 AM

Laughing out loud Sorry GT, I forgot you were delicate; but you know you should take yourself in hand and have one off the wrist now and then as it would relieve all that pent up frustration and anger you are bottling up. :)

I don't have any 'pent-up frustration' or 'anger'. My aggression and frustration is completely un-f**king-pent. Also I'm not actually angry (or grumpy, as Steve used to say) it's a persona. For comic effect. You dim c**t.

Quote: Splodge @ 17th May 2017, 2:09 PM

Is this another?

There was a moment in the Arsenal v Stoke game when Shaqiri and Sanchez bumped into each other. Virtually the same body, just with interchangeable heads.

In the last three games Sanchez has scored four goals and an assist. Prior to that it took him twelve weeks to get four goals and an assist. Arsenal might be chasing and they've had a good run in but have no doubt that his recent high returns have been very unexpected. That needs emphasising for the hordes of gormless f**kers on the fantasy scout site cheering like a boatload of gypsies from a third world east-european dictatorship who've been allowed to buy a shit car from a state owned factory by their gigolo president. They got very lucky.

He has single-handedly stooped me from winning the clique. I was 39 points behind Gerry when he scored his goal at Southampton and added 22 to that. Buying him last week and triple captaining him this would have given me the league title in one transfer. But it couldn't happen. there is no circumstances under which I would ever have bought him. I've owned him for a grand total of 5 weeks in the two seasons he's been playing in the PL and I've never captained him. To say I have 'issues' with him is to understate the case by several galactic light years.

F**k me, Erikson rested so Gerry gets assist points from Donkey Son (see what I did there?) can't catch a break.