I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,915

I think they're all going to end up in jail.

Quote: zooo @ 16th May 2017, 11:04 AM

I think they're all going to end up in jail.

For hypocrisy alone, as it's astounding thus far, and seems to get even worse . . .

. . . but just want to put one demon to bed on Brady . . . even as a small child this was how my mind worked. I would imagine the prison guards who had to take him his meals etc. and how they would feel doing so whether they had children or not, then wonder if they could perhaps have a little "accident" and 'stick' the bastard, killing the scumbag 'with his cutlery' - who would see fit NOT to cover it up as an 'unfortunate' accident?

Headline next day could just be interpreted as another prisoner having done it and no-one would care, as merely spending money on keeping him alive in prison since arrest was a crime against humanity all on its own.

You encourage cover ups and lying in one case and abhore it in another......

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 16th May 2017, 12:17 PM

You encourage cover ups and lying in one case and abhore it in another......

In that statement alone you leave yourself open to being ridiculed . . .

My lord, some people should really have a think about what they are saying before they post.

Brady was a pathetic, demonic little oxygen thief who saw fit to justify his existence by singling out innocent children, murdering them for fun and destroying lives, whereas Trump is a mere bumbling twat in the wrong job who should be removed as he could be dangerous.

And it's 'abhor', not 'abhore', if you want to start criticising.

I'm not in favour of the death penalty the for at least 2 reasons. Firstly, there were occasional mistakes and the wrong person died. Secondly, I think it would let evil bastards off too lightly - we know Brady was hating his incarceration so much that he wanted to starve himself to death, so he was obviously suffering, which he deserved. However this is always dependent on the individual being given REAL life imprisonment.

Quote: keewik @ 16th May 2017, 12:50 PM

Brady was hating his incarceration so much that he wanted to starve himself to death.

When he was on hunger strike I hope they played the Generation Game, with a convey belt full of his favourite food. Then when he won the mars bar prize, they could tell him they've buried it and he has to guess where. Maybe then the penny would drop in is tiny winy mind. Now tell me where he's being buried because I need the toilet.
:|

With a bit of luck he'll be burnt and they'll put the ashes in a toilet pan, and then invite you to have a gruesome horrible nasty smelly dump on top of what's left of the turd.

The turds can then sail together hand in hand to hell..............................hmmm, even that's too good for him.

He died as a result of smoking 60 cigarettes a day.
60 a day...
Over £200 a week on cigarettes if he smoked packet tags.

I would have knocked that on the head day 1

Quote: keewik @ 16th May 2017, 12:50 PM

I'm not in favour of the death penalty the for at least 2 reasons. Firstly, there were occasional mistakes and the wrong person died. Secondly, I think it would let evil bastards off too lightly - we know Brady was hating his incarceration so much that he wanted to starve himself to death, so he was obviously suffering, which he deserved. However this is always dependent on the individual being given REAL life imprisonment.

I don't like capital punishment either for same reasons, and am actually a pacifist regarding most issues.

However, there are exceptions. Where there is no doubt whatsoever - when caught red handed (a bit like Trump - you know he's lying, not just because his lips are moving, but because like a toddler, he's denying having eaten the doughnuts despite having sugar and frosting all round his mouth) it is a more acceptable solution than spending money paying for their continued existence.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 16th May 2017, 5:55 PM

He died as a result of smoking 60 cigarettes a day.
60 a day...
Over £200 a week on cigarettes if he smoked packet tags.

I would have knocked that on the head day 1

Cheaper in the long run to let him kill himself by smoking instead of living till say 89/92

Trump = complete and utter shite. Getting his minions to lie he didn't do it and then boasting he did. They should all resign and leave the bastard high and dry, but they won't because they're as money and power obsessed as he is.

Quote: keewik @ 16th May 2017, 10:28 PM

They should all resign and leave the bastard high and dry, but they won't because they're as money and power obsessed as he is.

How exactly are his "minions" making money by retaining their positions? I'm quite certain that they all would make much more money in the private sector than as civil servants.

Quote: keewik @ 16th May 2017, 10:28 PM

Trump = complete and utter shite. Getting his minions to lie he didn't do it and then boasting he did. They should all resign and leave the bastard high and dry, but they won't because they're as money and power obsessed as he is.

I have stood up to a 'boss' for far less and got fired. Should have resigned, but he needed telling 'in the moment' at the time and I'd do it again, despite the fact I couldn't pay my mortgage as a result.

But these guys probably feel trapped now as they've lost integrity and credibility and feel tarnished as being untrustworthy or even corrupt working for this dingbat who constantly humiliates them by getting them to lie for him then changing the story.

It's not loyalty, it's fear - but if only they realised that if they did jump ship, they'd get credibility for it . . . like I did, though I did get fired, I got kudos for standing up to an arsehole.

Did you say to him;
You can stick your job right up my arse.
I can get another job with twice the hours for half the money anywhere. :D

It's worth pointing out that the daily doses of Trump hysteria are almost completely based upon anonymous leaks. Typically, the sources are described as former government or administration officials and that's code for "angry Democrats and Obama administration officials."

When reading an anonymous anti-Trump report, here are some things to consider:

1) In the immediate aftermath, news outlets will get it wrong.

2) Don't trust anonymous sources. If democracy dies in darkness, anonymity is not exactly transparent or accountable. Unless someone is willing to to put his or her name with a leak, be on guard. Pay attention to how well the reporters characterize the motivations of the anonymous leaker. All leakers have motivation. Does the paper seem to have a grasp on how the motivation affects the veracity of the leak?

3) If someone is leaking national security information in order to support the claim of a national security violation, be on guard.

4) If someone is claiming a serious national security crisis but not willing to go public with the claim and resign in protest of same, be on guard.

5) Compare sources willing to put their name and reputation on the line.

6) Big anti-Trump news brings out the fakers.

7) Pay attention to the language that the media uses. Is a story about something unimportant being written in such a way as to make it seem more important?

8) Beware confirmation bias. Everyone has the tendency to interpret new evidence as confirmation of one's existing beliefs or theories. Be on guard that you don't accept critical or exonerating evidence to match your political preferences.

9) Pay attention to how quickly and fully editors and reporters correct stories based on false information from anonymous sources. If they don't correct at all, it's an indication of a lack of respect.