Things I don't understand, but maybe it's just me . . . Page 3

When I was younger, and things didn't work, I used to blame myself thinking I must be doing something wrong.

Now that I'm older, most of the time I blame the things I'm trying to use (given experience of using most things) and am mostly right and just get narked at the things rather than myself. But when I buy stuff that comes in a dispenser, I expect the dispenser to work and see no need to test it first, but turns out I really should have because after spending over an hour preparing and marking the wall and laying out tiles for mounting, I couldn't get the pissing glue to come out.

As it is designed specifically for this purpose, one would think it might be easier than it was, but once I'd sliced off the seal (which was impossible with scissors as suggested on instructions), getting it to travel up the nozzle required brute force using improvised additional objects to push up from bottom, but even when it did come out, it did so far too slowly (more like putty) for a glue that 'dries quickly', allowing me no time to even apply adequately.

So, unlike finding a way round it like I do with most things, I just gave up as I couldn't believe that so many things could be so wrong with a product designed for the very purpose it wasn't allowing me to achieve.

It's possible that it could be faulty or past its shelf life which would explain the virtual solidity of the stuff making it so difficult to squeeze out the tiniest amount, but I would really rather it was just me as I buy stuff in good faith and it just takes the piss by not doing what it says on the tin, which is both annoying and baffling at the same time.

Angry