The Sitcom Mission 2017 Page 3

Hi, so I uploaded a script a while ago and I know that the results haven't been announced yet or anything like that, however, I was wondering whether I was supposed to get an email or something acknowledging that my script had been received. I uploaded my script via the website in March and didn't pick a package asking for feedback before the results are announced. Just wondering, thanks!

Quote: Kingstoneminer @ 10th May 2017, 7:41 PM

Hi, so I uploaded a script a while ago and I know that the results haven't been announced yet or anything like that, however, I was wondering whether I was supposed to get an email or something acknowledging that my script had been received. I uploaded my script via the website in March and didn't pick a package asking for feedback before the results are announced. Just wondering, thanks!

Hi Kingstoneminer

Which was your script?

Cheers, Declan

Don't want to start a rush of people checking this, but I'm assuming if I got a Paypal receipt for my payment then the script was received fine too? I didn't have any other e-mail confirmation.

Cheers
Josh
(script: Freeloaders)

We have The Ethereal Archives by notjosh.

Quote: Declan @ 11th May 2017, 11:29 PM

Hi Kingstoneminer

Which was your script?

Cheers, Declan

My script was The Continuity Announcer.

We have The Continuity Announcer.

Quote: simon wright @ 13th May 2017, 12:48 PM

We have The Ethereal Archives by notjosh.

Thanks! You even got the name of my script right, which I somehow didn't manage ;)

Quote: simon wright @ 13th May 2017, 6:06 PM

We have The Continuity Announcer.

Okay, thanks, hope you like it!

Hi Simon,

I'm sorry to add to the list but I just wanted to check that my sitcom had also made it into the list - it's called the Museum.

Rob Smyth

We definitely have The Museum.

Speaking with my Support Desk hat on, maybe in the Entry Info section you could add a screenshot of what a successful upload looks like?

Thanks for letting me know Simon, that's much appreciated. Have a nice weekend.

Rob

Our long list has been announced. Congratulations to our long listed eight; well done everyone else https://www.comedy.co.uk/sitcom_mission/blog/

One more from disgruntled Alf again, and this time to entrants, they'll know who, if what I'm stating has happened, not necessarily this year but any year, and was not a genuine admin error, hmm. If it hasn't happened then this is just a philosophical query/rant. Do you think it fair and ethical to change the gender of your entry name, presumably in the hope that it sways the judges of a competition to your entry? I ask only because some writers I know have been doing this for years in all manner of writing comps and don't see it as a really low thing to do, even for scruple light desperate amateur scribblers.

Firstly I'll say it is common deceit, secondly, as some American lawyers have argued, it may be legally construed as fraud, a crime. Moreover it skews the real facts, can give false optimism to other writers when they see the shortlisted or winning entrants' names, can cause big surprises to judges who may meet a person of the opposite sex to the one they are expecting by entry name and therefore disrupt planned events and lastly it renders data based on entrants' and winners' gender as wrong and misleading, for those who collect such data for industry forecasts and academic studies.

Bit preachy from me I know, but if you have yourself committed this act ask yourself "Is it right, this thing I've done? Is it really right?" Ta in advance. Alfred.

A lawyer may argue that black was white, doesn't make it true. A true writer doesn't keep to the same submissions if he/she keeps getting rejected. And if you keep getting rejected why would you? If Mrs Maud Boggins is really Mr Horace Twerp, what's it matter?