Monty Python

Has Monty Python influenced your life? It has mine for the better.

No it hasn't!

https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/25820/4/

I'm sure it must have helped any cross- dressing lumberjack who was concerned about society's acceptance of their predilection.

Quote: wigwam willy @ 28th March 2017, 1:45 AM

I'm sure it must have helped any cross- dressing lumberjack who was concerned about society's acceptance of their predilection.

Say no more squire!

Beyond the comedy, watching Life of Brian (which is arguably the funniest ever film; the argument is only with Holy Grail) (at 15 in RE class) was probably the moment I finally committed to the transition from kid to atheist.
Anything else that has influence my life or moral outlook has been staid reference texts. This is the only one to combine fun with a message.
Anything else relevant to me is quite closely tied to the comedy aspect.

I'm a Christian and I love the Like of Brian. I don't see it any way as blasphemous. It's just a funny film based on a case of mistaken identity.

My earlier post could have been misinterpreted so I would like to take this oportunity to clarify the matter. My post was intended to be a contradiction of the OPs statement that Monty Python had made his life better in the style of the Argument Clinic but it could easily have been understood simply as my opinion on Monty whether Monty Python has made my life better or not.

I sincerely apologise for any confusion caused and as a severe punishment I am currently stabbing myself in the stomach with a dirty fork and will then sit in the comfy chair.

Yes. He has. And that influence somehow changed my life!

Quote: Lana333 @ 16th June 2017, 4:33 PM

Yes. He has. And that influence somehow changed my life!

How odd. Lana333 was greyed out less than 25 minutes after her 3rd and last post. Butterflies live longer. She also referred to Monty Python as "he". Could Lana be a bot ? Do we have 332 Lana's still around ? Is she linked to mofos cloudmovies ? We need to form a subcommittee to resolve this, I'll get the biscuits.:O

On the Python issue, it was the must see, most talked about comedy of its time. How could you not directly or indirectly, knowingly or otherwise be influenced ? It's a bit like saying you likes Oasis but you aren't influenced by the Beatles.

Haha for the above. I'm not sure many people could say they weren't influenced by MP. Absolutely pioneering comedy.

I'm far from not unsure anyone could never unsay they weren't uninfluenced too either.

Terry Jones said he wrote new fairy tales because 'I read my daughter traditional ones and found them disturbing...' Disturbing. Jones directed and co-wrote 'The Meaning of Life', in which he plays a squawky housewife singing 'Every Sperm is Sacred' to her 65423548 kids, a bendy-limbed waiter playing 'Find The Fish: It whhhent wheeerevverrr IIIIII did gooooooooo', and of course Mr Creosote, the fattest guy in the universe throwing up all over the restaurant, eating the entire menu and then exploding. Oh, and a squawkier housewife watching calmly as two total strangers rip her husband's liver out... Man, that Sleeping Beauty must've freaked him out.

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 8th August 2017, 5:38 PM

It whhhent wheeerevverrr IIIIII did gooooooooo

:D That's one of my favourite parts of the film with the long arms and elephant head. Easily one of the most weirdest moments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmY_2RbrdEo