Babs

Why was it necessary to tell the story through the ghosts of her mother & father? Was it just pretentiousness on the part of the writer or was it to save the trouble, or time, in acting out the relevant events?

If it was to save time, why could they not give it a longer time span? They barely touched on the latter part of her career. Cilla got 3 episodes (admittedly on ITV) and was all the better for it.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 8th May 2017, 11:30 AM

Why was it necessary to tell the story through the ghosts of her mother & father?

It was actually the ghost of her father and her early 90s (non ghost) just before she got her second chance big break on Eastenders.

Well, my wife and I quite enjoyed it and disagree with the much criticism of the format as we followed it OK and thought it made a change from the norm, whatever that is.

It was obvious that Joan Littlewood was the cleaner wasn't it? They needed a less known actor for the part. And she needed to swear.

I wasn't really sold on the way the story was told. A straight biopic would have done. The actress older Babs was brilliant, she really had her to a T. The younger one didn't really have the same.