BCG Fantasy Premier League 2016/17 Page 30

Coming too early, that's always been my problem, and as I slip into the pit of obscurity I ponder where it all went wrong and curse the 100 point carrot that was dangled a month ago, only to be snatched away.

Story of my life.

Although there's more games next time round, this really feels like the make or break week. The top 3 all have another very useful chip alongside their 'Bench Boost' and I'm guessing this is the week they're going to use it.

For me, it's probably my last chance to put a non-Mkhitaryan based strategy together to try and catch any one of them if they come a cropper.

I really wanted to take a transfer punt in order to make up some of the distance before next week's BIG BCG SHOWDOWN. Problem is, the only punt that looked like it could massively pay off in my eyes was to bring in two players who I pushed out the door a few weeks ago and already decided against bringing back. Sanchez looks out of form and Arsenal v Man Utd smacks of Mourinho grinding out a 0-0, while Gabiaddini has just come back from a groin strain and you never quite know where you are with those. I couldn't take the gamble, but I'm sure someone else will.

In the end I just bought Jamie Vardy and decided to post ten minutes after the deadline so I wouldn't jog the memory of anyone who forgot there was a Friday Night game and didn't get their team in order.

#darkarts

Quote: Splodge @ 5th May 2017, 7:14 PM

Although there's more games next time round, this really feels like the make or break week. The top 3 all have another very useful chip alongside their 'Bench Boost' and I'm guessing this is the week they're going to use it.

Nope, looks like Godot's going all out this week and everyone else is a Sanchez captainer. I need Hazard and Firmino to deliver.

Errr

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 4th May 2017, 12:03 AM

Have forums lost their novelty?

You can speak directly to Peter Duncan and Nerys Hughes on Twitter. Niche forums, like this one, don't stand a chance.

Quote: Splodge @ 5th May 2017, 8:06 PM

looks like Godot's going all out this week and everyone else is a Sanchez captainer.

Ballsy decision, captaining Kane, but he's fallen flat on his face there. Hard lines.

Quote: don rushmore @ 3rd May 2017, 9:26 PM

2 teams each and a new administrator, me. Would be happy to throw in a cash prize.

You're funny. Why two teams? So it looks like more of us are playing?

Quote: don rushmore @ 5th May 2017, 10:41 PM

Ballsy decision, captaining Kane, but he's fallen flat on his face there. Hard lines.

I don't mind not getting any captain points - It's always a gamble - but no points at all from three of the best players in the league against a team as gash as West Ham? Mental.

Let's see what you twats do with the advantage - if anything.

Quote: Splodge @ 5th May 2017, 8:06 PM

Nope, looks like Godot's going all out this week and everyone else is a Sanchez captainer. I need Hazard and Firmino to deliver.

Errr

I'm disappointed Anton brought him back in. He's such a f**king annoying tiny greaseball prick. I can't stand even seeing his name written under the shirt in the app graphic.

Hopefully he'll move on in the summer and take his special style of 300 touch football to some other league. Or perhaps return to Middle Earth. I've never hated a footballer as much as him.

Why two teams? So it looks like more of us are playing?

People lose interest and disappear when they're doing badly. Having a second team, higher up the league, performing better, may encourage them to post more.

Quote: don rushmore @ 6th May 2017, 2:18 PM

People lose interest and disappear when they're doing badly. Having a second team, higher up the league, performing better, may encourage them to post more.

Very good point.

In the last few weeks I have fallen off my perch (after the Lord Mayor's Show!! Week 32 Angry ) and although I have had a half decent run and there is not much time left, I feel completely deflated and why the f**k should I now bother.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 6th May 2017, 3:51 PM

Very good point.

In the last few weeks I have fallen off my perch (after the Lord Mayor's Show!! Week 32 Angry ) and although I have had a half decent run and there is not much time left, I feel completely deflated and why the f**k should I now bother.

Exactly. I've completed my CD collection and have a woman working on my genealogy so by late June I should know where I came from.

The way I see it - one flight in a glider and one live opera experience and that will be it as far as I am concerned.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 6th May 2017, 11:37 AM

I'm disappointed Anton brought him back in. He's such a f**king annoying tiny greaseball prick. I can't stand even seeing his name written under the shirt in the app graphic.

Hopefully he'll move on in the summer and take his special style of 300 touch football to some other league. Or perhaps return to Middle Earth. I've never hated a footballer as much as him.

I'm disappointed with me too but I knew everyone was going to pretty much have him and I've got a few leagues I'm top of so need the cover.

I'm not feeling too confident now with this league. Gerry's WC could clinch it for him. Some quality picks for the next few weeks. I'm not sure where my players can outdo his unless there's some injuries or loss of form. The All out attack chip proved to be a negative thing too.

Oh and Rondon scored! Knew he'd come good in the end! Haha.

Quote: don rushmore @ 6th May 2017, 2:18 PM

Well, that's their problem. I play regardless. Even when I didn't see or hear a game for two months I still played. Talk about first world problems. Flip a f**king coin. Make a transfer. Only self-absorbed c**ts give up. It's a league. You're part of everyone's game. Keep playing regardless or don't start.

Quote: ContainsNuts @ 7th May 2017, 10:28 AM

I'm disappointed with me too but I knew everyone was going to pretty much have him and I've got a few leagues I'm top of so need the cover.

I'm not feeling too confident now with this league. Gerry's WC could clinch it for him. Some quality picks for the next few weeks. I'm not sure where my players can outdo his unless there's some injuries or loss of form. The All out attack chip proved to be a negative thing too.

Oh and Rondon scored! Knew he'd come good in the end! Haha.

AOA is the weakest chip. Use it when you need it, don't save it.

But for f**ksake man! You've got your TC and BB chips - one a week. Gerry's shitting himself. He's doubled up on arse and s'ton for next week and is going to bench boost. That's it. That's all he's got. As soon as someone doubles up on a defender you know they've got no clue - doubling up reduces your odds of getting points.

What's a good bench worth? 20 points? Double that for 40 points. TC a player who gets one goal and one assist over the two games and a couple of bonus points and you're looking at 50 points. That's a modest TC return versus a good BB one.

You'll have to f**k up not to pass him.

I've had an unlucky game week - Sunderland turning over Hull and Albion putting two past Heaton - not to mention Everton getting nothing at Swansea - but it's not over till it's over. I'm sure you'll remember Lukrapfool getting a hat trick against your lot on the last day of the season a few season's back. ;)

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 7th May 2017, 1:58 PM

Only self-absorbed c**ts give up. It's a league. You're part of everyone's game. Keep playing regardless or don't start.

No one's given up; everyone is still playing, except Steve. I was talking about posting.

Okay, fair enough. Having two teams still feels like a safety net to me.

Yeah Steve gave up - the defending champion. His reason was to concentrate on writing jokes but I think you can still play without spending hours poring over decisions.

I see Ross has played his wildcard, so he's still playing though can't be bothered to post.

Quote: don rushmore @ 3rd May 2017, 9:26 PM

Steve and Gerry know Dan outside of the BCG I think.

I've met Godot as well
But the senile old c**t probably doesn't even remember