People you can't bear, but it's not really fair . . . Page 3

I'd like to give John Barrowman a big smack. It's not even the luvvies "I'm in musicals, darling" thing because I really like Louie Spence . . . but then he properly sends himself up, and we like that.

I'd like to give John Barrowman something too. But he would not wish to accept it. :(

Quote: zooo @ 30th April 2017, 9:32 AM

I'd like to give John Barrowman something too. But he would not wish to accept it. :(

You'll be saying next you'd like to give something to Steve Jones too . . . and he doesn't bother me because he does all these terrible shows, he bothers me because I'm not cool with people who think they're way cooler than they actually are, which isn't cool at all.

Ew no, Steve Jones annoys me.
And Vernon Kaye a bit.

Quote: zooo @ 30th April 2017, 9:50 AM

Ew no, Steve Jones annoys me.
And Vernon Kaye a bit.

He's just a bit too smug without good reason. A little cockiness can be attractive but there needs to be some substance to back it up!

Vernon's okay on wanker scale, but on the freakshow spectrum is John McCririck - what's going on there? He could at least try to LOOK like he knows what soap is. I think I would cross hot coals to avoid him - but I guess he doesn't count as he's vile so it's fair to recoil.

Oh my god. Sick
Yeah, he doesn't belong in this thread. There are SO MANY reasons to dislike him.

Not caring what people really think of you is one thing, but to go out of your way to repulse people . . . I actually don't remember eating my own snot, let alone admitting it, but that's probably because if I did, I was TOO YOUNG TO REMEMBER!

Sick

Another one that's a bit obvious - Jodie Marsh. And it's not even for the slutty stuff (live and let live, and don't judge people for stuff you wouldn't do yourself, each to their own etc.) . . . it's the desperation that goes along with it which is very un-British. I was horrendously bullied at school too, but I didn't turn into a whiny, attention seeking media whore who needs to be defined by others in her every waking moment . . .

Unfair? . . . or was that just a bit too much?!

Quote: keewik @ 29th April 2017, 8:35 PM

I never liked Rolf Harris though I couldn't have told you why. Just found him a pain in the arse, but must admit Saville had me fooled.

...........................ShoWaddiwaddi there as it 'appens with "Under the Moon of Love", but now then, now then, how's about, how's about (jewellery, jewellery, jangle , jangle) Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls, the one and only Rolf Harris with his "Two Little Girls", which we 'ope to share after the show..........................

I've just been put off my lunch . . .

But Rick Stein. I have to talk about Rick Stein because some people simply shouldn't be on television.

I don't eat fish, so he's lost me already on subject matter, but even if he made programmes about my favourite food and gave me free champagne to watch each show, I'd still find it difficult as he is so crashingly boring he makes me look around for sharp and blunt instruments which I may use to self harm.

I never got the Alan Titchmarsh thing, with him being a bit of 'women's institute' crumpet as he's another boring little twat, but he's not quite as excruciating as Stein.

I swear to God that if I walked into a restaurant that had him as a guest, I'd walk straight back out again because the 'dulling vibes' would make my meal taste bland.

Perhaps unfair to him and those who like him, but for some reason, this is my reaction.

I like Rick Stein. But I agree about Titchmarsh.

Oh, Bill Oddie!!

Quote: zooo @ 30th April 2017, 12:00 PM

I like Rick Stein. But I agree about Titchmarsh.

Oh, Bill Oddie!!

I forgive Bill for being a bit whiny because he has mental health issues, but I contradict myself in having a problem with Charlotte Crosby . . . not because I dislike her but just find her uncomfortable to watch as I think she needs some help. It's rather sad to think of anyone seeing a future with that awful Stephen Bear who also has obvious issues, involving needing to be defined by publicity through the media - the new hankering some young people have as a consequence of modern culture . . . being famous for nothing other than fame itself.

So don't start me on Stephanie Davis and Jeremy McConnell . . . I wish seeing them on Big Brother was time I could claim back.

Quote: zooo @ 29th April 2017, 12:13 PM

Matt wotsit annoys me from the One Show. But I don't exactly HATE him. I hate Chris Packham, but I have reasons.

I'll see your Matt lightweight and Chris Packham, and raise you Nigella and Jamie Oliver.

I used to listen to a local radio show in the morning called Hirsty's Daily Dose
The main presenter was called Simon Hirst and he was very laddish
They had complaints several times about them being cruel to women on phone in's
He even did prank calls to women that had been unfaithful to their boyfriends.

This one nearly got them taken off air https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-kJZGC7_9Q

Then suddenly with no forewarning Simon left the show

It turns out he went for 'the op' and hormones and suddenly - he was a bird.
He/she is now called Stephanie Hirst

Fair do's - whatever you need to do etc.

But she is now the biggest hypocrite going.
She blocks anyone who mentions she used to be a man or even asks her about it.
Is constantly in the media complaining about the rough ride she is getting.
And the gruff Barnsley accent has been replaced by a neutral fake effeminate one.

Im sure he went through hell before the decision but he must have known for a long while
So the girl baiting - which was every day on the show (and very funny) was what?

Maybe she's just an arsehole!

(Obviously she's not going to carry on talking in a gruff manly voice though.)

Ratbag, I believe, is the proper term.