Only Connect Page 27

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 23rd April 2017, 9:25 AM

Sequence:

1. Mademoiselles

Quote: Kenneth @ 23rd April 2017, 12:57 PM

Accounting? (or any other word with all vowels except 'e')

Sequence: ?

Sometimes they have stuff along the lines of: Here's a word containing all of the vowels except one, and we started with 'u', so moving backward through the alphabet, the fourth in the sequence will be a word with all vowels except 'e'.
Not the answer, of course, Just wishful thinking as too lazy to think of what it could really be.

2. Jeune Messeurs

I call the missing 'i' if it's supposed to be "Messieurs"?

(Corrected)

2. Jeune Messieurs

I have absolutely no idea what you two are talking about, but this looks like it might be worth saving for Series 14. :D

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 24th April 2017, 8:56 AM

(Corrected)

2. Jeune Messieurs

?

And here I stand, still in suspenders wondering if I have missed something......................is that it?

We are awaiting clue no.3, no?

Are yes, thank you Kenneth, so I'm not going mad.......................not that I will even then understand the sequence ? (it was so long ago)

By popular demand.

3. Dames

4. Gentilhommes ?

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 29th April 2017, 11:03 AM

By popular demand.

Hardly, we just wondered where the f**k you were. :P

Some of us are quite professional when we set questions, Whistling nnocently not to be dabblers that is.

Quote: Firkin @ 29th April 2017, 11:34 AM

4. Gentilhommes ?

Close. There are French plurals related to Happy Families - Misses, Masters, "Mrses" and Messieurs.

1. Mademoiselles
2. Jeune Messieurs
3. Dames
4. Messieurs

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 29th April 2017, 6:18 PM

Close. There are French plurals related to Happy Families - Misses, Masters, "Mrses" and Messieurs.

Paul are you the Womble of Folkestone ? Picking up items Folks leave behind on the Eurostar, like Happy Families games and immigrants ?