General, General Thread Page 2,756

Facebook post from friend who's just gone to work in US - NO WINE IN THE SUPERMARKETS! Do these people live in 21st century? Are they from the Stone Age? Nearly as bad as England where the shops close at 4pm on Sundays. Laughing out loud

Quote: keewik @ 23rd April 2017, 9:02 PM

Facebook post from friend who's just gone to work in US - NO WINE IN THE SUPERMARKETS!

Your friend moved to the wrong place, as wine is sold in grocery stores in the vast majority of states.

Does he live in Amish country or something?

Quote: zooo @ 23rd April 2017, 9:29 PM

Does he live in Amish country or something?

The Amish drink alcohol. Ironically, places which have weird laws about alcohol tend to be northern, liberal states. It's typically the result of old laws governing the sale of alcohol that are resistant to change because certain groups/businesses have a monopoly on the market and don't want to relenquish it.

He lives 40 minutes by train from New York, where he works. Greenwich.

Quote: keewik @ 23rd April 2017, 10:06 PM

He lives 40 minutes by train from New York, where he works. Greenwich.

Connecticut. As I said, a northern, liberal state with screwy alcohol laws.

I see. Oh well, I dare say he'll find his way. Computer expert and his wife's a vet.

Have told him he lives in the wrong State. I'm sure he'll appreciate that!

Quote: keewik @ 23rd April 2017, 10:32 PM

Have told him he lives in the wrong State. I'm sure he'll appreciate that!

I don't have many good things to say about California, but their alcohol laws are good. You can buy a bottle of whiskey at a grocery store or a drug store. I live in the Bible Belt, so I have to deal with weird laws on Sundays. But I brew my own beer, so they don't really bother me.

Quote: keewik @ 23rd April 2017, 9:02 PM

Facebook post from friend who's just gone to work in US - NO WINE IN THE SUPERMARKETS! Do these people live in 21st century? Are they from the Stone Age? Nearly as bad as England where the shops close at 4pm on Sundays. Laughing out loud

We know you heathens like this sort of thing but by rights NO shops should be open on a Sunday!

It used to be so.
That's when borrowing a cup of sugar was the 'norm as there was nowt open.

Quote: Chappers @ 24th April 2017, 12:03 AM

We know you heathens like this sort of thing but by rights NO shops should be open on a Sunday!

*Laughs uproariously and shout 'Bollocks!'*

Quote: Chappers @ 24th April 2017, 12:03 AM

The Germans take this very seriously apparently, so there is somewhere you can escape from heathenry after all :)

This is for all the men. God help her, but Theresa May just can't resist flashing her 60-year-old thighs. Any takers?

Sick

Quote: keewik @ 30th April 2017, 10:12 PM

This is for all the men. God help her, but Theresa May just can't resist flashing her 60-year-old thighs. Any takers?

She has only copied Nicola T Surgeon.

Proper Scottish people should note that her grandmother was born in Sunderland while Angus Robertson, leader of SNP, Westminster, was born in Wimbledon and the Brexit spokesman Michael Russell was born in Bromley. In other words they are all English people pretending to be something else. No wonder none of them wear kilts.