http://www.openculture.com/2017/03/chuck-berry-rip-reviews-punk-songs.html

Dave Edmunds

The Promised Land.

https://youtu.be/EIIoWFnsc6w

Quote: wigwam willy @ 20th March 2017, 11:45 PM

Dave Edmunds

The Promised Land.

https://youtu.be/EIIoWFnsc6w

Phew, I read the name Dave Edmunds and thought he died too. He's one of my absolute favourites. His version of Promised Land is great and makes absolute sense, he was often been called "The white Chuck Berry".

I don't know why people are always so proud to unfathom what the Rolling Stones' 'Sympathy for the Devil' is really about. I think the name is a bit of a giveaway...?

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 21st March 2017, 9:21 AM

Phew, I read the name Dave Edmunds and thought he died too. He's one of my absolute favourites. His version of Promised Land is great and makes absolute sense, he was often been called "The white Chuck Berry".

Me too! That's because I just started another thread.

Yes - a great record but I much prefer Johnnie Allen's version.

I posted it because Chuck really rated Dave as a rocker.
I prefer Johnnie Allen's too.

Neil Young Goes Record Shopping (and finds Neil Young bootlegs Records!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WL88cjBWI6c&t=3s

A slow-burner, like something out of a 70s Cassavetes film.

I had tickets to see Morrissey here in San Antonio in November and he canceled. The show was rescheduled for December and he canceled. The show was rescheduled for tonight and he canceled 4 hours before showtime.

I walked past the venue on my lunch break and saw a tour bus and equipment being unloaded, so I almost had faith that the show would go on.

Moz has overtaken Shane MacGowan as the King of No-Shows.

When the GNR tickets went on sale a few months ago for the Not In This Lifetime gigs this summer I was planning on buying one because a friend is going but I hesitated for a few days and by then the cheapest ticket price had almost doubled. I just coudn't do it especially as I would also have to factor in the cost of travel, an overnight stay in London and of course a bottle of Jack and some hard drugs so I'm gutted I didn't snap up a ticket asap.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 13th April 2017, 12:00 AM

When the GNR tickets went on sale a few months ago for the Not In This Lifetime gigs this summer I was planning on buying one because a friend is going but I hesitated for a few days and by then the cheapest ticket price had almost doubled.

There are still tickets available for the show here in San Antonio for less than $50.

Quote: DaButt @ 13th April 2017, 12:06 AM

There are still tickets available for the show here in San Antonio for less than $50.

I don't want to make assumptions but are you saying that I just need to buy a $50 GNR ticket and you will cover the cost of a flight over and accomodation just to help out a guns fan? I must say that is exceedingly generous so how could I refuse :D

The tickets were around £100 and within a few days were £180 and I didn't like the fact I would be paying so much extra which is all going to these overcharging ticket brokers. I would love to see Axl, Duff and Slash on stage together again and it will probably be a historic moment because those guys don't do things by halves but it was a matter of principle.

I really have turned 40. The 20 year old me would be disgusted with my attitude towards GNR ticket costs.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 13th April 2017, 12:40 AM

I don't want to make assumptions but are you saying that I just need to buy a $50 GNR ticket and you will cover the cost of a flight over and accomodation just to help out a guns fan? I must say that is exceedingly generous so how could I refuse :D

Ummm, I'll let you sleep on my sofa and give you a ride to the venue. And I typically have 20-40 gallons of beer on tap in my dining room, so there's that...

Right £84 spent today as follows.

The first 2 are exclusive Record Store Day items.

Shocking Blue at Home
A Letter Home - Reproduced by Jack White and Neil Young. An intriguing one. Neil Young singing classic songs in a recording booth!

The following in the same shop but all Second Hand.

Procul Harum Live
Ontinuous Performance - Stone the Crows
Koss - Paul Kossoff double album
Illuminations - Carlos Santana and Alice Coltrane
Howling Wind - Graham Parker
Deep & Meaningless - Jhn Otway and Wild Willy Barrett
UK -UK (Supeegroup of Eddie Jobson, Bill Bruford and the recently deceased John Wetton and Alan Holdsworth.

There was also a Free Records box and I took Sky 4 and 12" singles by Carmel, Aswad and Feargal Sharkey.

The longest Spice Girls song title is 'Never Give Up On The Good Times', with 25 letters; the shortest is 'Mama', with just four. However the latter song is longer. If you time each song and divide the total in seconds by the number of letters per respective title, you need a hobby.

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 27th April 2017, 10:30 AM

The longest Spice Girls song title is 'Never Give Up On The Good Times', with 25 letters; the shortest is 'Mama', with just four. However the latter song is longer. If you time each song and divide the total in seconds by the number of letters per respective title, you need a hobby.

From what you say it seems like you have one that keeps your hands active.