What are you listening to now? Page 1,276

Feist - Pleasure

Feist going a bit PJ Harvey.

I'm listening to a lot of Tom Jones lately, Particularly 'Sex Bomb' when I'm in the shower.

Quote: Will Cam @ 17th April 2017, 10:01 PM

I'm listening to a lot of Tom Jones lately, Particularly 'Sex Bomb' when I'm in the shower.

Laughing out loudLaughing out loudmy hero

:D

Caught in the Act - Steve Gibbons Band live.

I bought Tulane when it came out - some great rock at the time of punk - but had nothing else of his until I bought this recently at a junk shop in Margate. Sorry - antique shop!

Spoon - Full Performance (Live on KEXP) 2014

Listening to My Morning Jacket songs in my neighbor's garage.

In a new interview, Joy Division / New Order's Bernard Sumner says his message is to look forward. Ah, yes:
Blue Monday 83 88 95, True Faith 87 94, 1963 87 95... Substance, Best Of, Rest Of, International, Retro, Singles, remasters, 'corrected' (but still shit) remasters, Total, '''''corrected''''' Singles rerelease... What's their secret? How do they do it? I guess we'll never know.
NEVER look back, not even to JD:
First single JD covers 7", 12", rereleased 12", Record Day JD versions rerelease... Still JD compilation... Rereleased JD first Peel Session 12" 1, Peel session 2, compiled into Peel Sessions LP, rereleased LP in new cover, included in Complete BBC Sessions... Atmosphere 88, Substance 88... London reissues 93, 'NOSory' DVD, Radio 1 and MTV documentaries include JD... Love Will Tear Us Apart - 95, Permanent: Best of JD 95... Heart and Soul box set 97... Remastered Preston live, Bains Douches live, Fractured Box (Preston live and Bains Douches live), Re Fractured Box (including Preston live, Les Bains Douches live so Fractured Box)... CD remastered reissues... JD DVD interviews, Control OST... The Best Of 2008... Total: From JD to NO... + / - singles box set... CD remastered reissues remastered on vinyl... NO played JD sporadically through the 80s and since 94 every gig has included at least three JD tracks (the Peel gig had nothing else).
It's a potent message Bernard.
PS Best of Electronic

Since hearing Carrie Anne by the Hollies on the radio a few weeks ago I can't get the damn chorus out of my head. I have good days where I don't think about it but most mornings I'm humming it when I wake up and it doesn't stop all flipping day.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 25th April 2017, 6:13 PM

Since hearing Carrie Anne by the Hollies on the radio a few weeks ago I can't get the damn chorus out of my head. I have good days where I don't think about it but most mornings I'm humming it when I wake up and it doesn't stop all flipping day.

Try this one instead. :)

Sleaford Mods - B.H.S

I went record shopping today. Post Record-Store Day and spent £84!

This included the following which I've been listening to.

Shocking Blue on shocking blue vinyl - exclusive RSD product.

Plus second hand -

Procul Harum live
Ontinuous Performance - Stone the Crows (Yes I too wondered why it wasn't called Continuous Performance.)

See Rock music thread for my other purchases.

MY ALL TIME TOP TEN BEATLES SONGS ARE of no interest to anyone.

Koff, a double album by Paul Kossoff. A great album. Such a loss.

Borrowed all my daughters Joni Mitchell CD's so shall be listening to some of that imminently..