Tom Bosley - Happy Days Page 2

Quote: Kenneth @ 23rd April 2017, 9:00 AM

And now Erin Moran at "just" 56. The press didn't give her too many happy days.

Looks like a possible suicide, as happens to many child stars (such as one of the twins on Everybody Loves Raymond) who can't find a fraction of success they had when they become adults. So sad.

I think she did have at least ten years of unemployment, so it can't be that much of a shock. Even actresses who succeed in their 20s fail in their 50s.

Poor Joanie though.

Jings, I hope you're not equating a decade of unemployment with imminent death. Ten-year-olds and retirees had better beware.

If only Tom Bosley were still around to give some advice:
Marion Cunningham: [the family has found out Joanie smokes and Howard is getting ready to lecture her] Tell her that smoking is a disgusting and filthy habit.
Howard Cunningham: I'll get to that Marion...
Richie Cunningham: ...and it leads to heart disease and lung cancer...
Howard Cunningham: All right Richard...
Marion Cunningham: ...and tell her that kissing someone who smokes is like kissing an ashtray!
Howard Cunningham: yes Mar... How do you know?
Howard Cunningham: We're not talking about cigars Marion!

Quote: Kenneth @ 24th April 2017, 11:07 AM

Jings, I hope you're not equating a decade of unemployment with imminent death. Ten-year-olds and retirees had better beware.

I mean it wasn't that much of a shock that you aren't getting work.

Apparently she actually died of cancer.

Sad news and I remember growing up with this show and feeling like part of the family. It angers me how I could read on the BBC news website this afternoon that she had died from a heroin overdose but now the story is very different. Was a journalist a bit too hasty in checking the facts or more interested in bending the facts to get the internet hits because that's all news seems to be about these days. I trust wikipedia more than any other website but there should be more features like being able to vote for the sources used to increase the credibility.

It's OK but the central character lacks self-confidence. Shyness is one thing, but you need to believe in yourself or you never fully enjoy life, Fonzie.