I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,910

Known terrorist in latest attack on France let out of prison sentence early following an appeal ruling? WTF?

Previously jailed for 20 years for an attack on police, what the holy hell were they thinking letting him out?

Anyone associated with terrorism - even if there is just evidence of intent discovered in the form of literature or in internet history should be locked up, or it'll just be a matter of time . . . but letting a known offender out? I couldn't believe what I was reading, as I don't believe any such extremist can be reformed, so we need to take a much harder line with these monsters.

Quote: fopdoodle @ 21st April 2017, 2:29 AM

Anyone associated with terrorism - even if there is just evidence of intent discovered in the form of literature or in internet history should be locked up... I don't believe any such extremist can be reformed, so we need to take a much harder line with these monsters.

So if someone has a copy of The Anarchist's Cookbook, they should be locked up?

I backed Definitely Red in the Grand National.
I didn't know One for Arthur was fitter.
Nobody said until after the race...........

I'm going to demand a rerun.

Finally, it's made the broadsheets via psychiatry experts at Yale conference:

"Worse than just being a liar or a narcissist, in addition he is paranoid, delusional and grandiose thinking and he proved that to the country the first day he was President. If Donald Trump really believes he had the largest crowd size in history, that's delusional," Dr Gartner added.

"I've worked with murderers and rapists. I can recognise dangerousness from a mile away. You don't have to be an expert on dangerousness or spend fifty years studying it like I have in order to know how dangerous this man is." James Gilligan, a psychiatrist and professor at New York University, told the conference.

Fake news? I doubt the Independent would fabricate . . . so perhaps this will finally hold some water, as my concerns about him from the start have not been about his policies or him as a person, but about his total lack of mental fitness for the job, and is therefore dangerous to all of us, and I still find it astonishing that he was both voted for AND allowed in at all in the first place as he needs some sort of psychiatric help.

"I've worked with humans and elves. I can recognize a human from a meter away. You don't have to be an expert on ants or spend five minutes studying them like I have in order to know how small ants are," Kenneth, a professor at New York Ant University, told the conference.

Fake news? I doubt Professor Kenneth would fabricate.

Here's a rule that rivals Trump in its madness:

The "Goldwater rule," which states psychiatrists are not to give professional opinions on people they have not personally examined.

So if someone turns up at work one morning naked from waist down and barefoot with his shoes on his head while pointing at people and laughing like a hyena, they can't be judged unless they consent to an assessment?

Ludicrous.

Surely there is a law for sectioning like we have here which can be implemented when there is a risk to themselves or others? I can't think of a worthier case right now.

But Trump's risk to self or others is, at present, totally subjective and a matter of opinion, that's why some people voted for him and others ran a mile (and I'm no fan of the guy). There would be no grounds for sectioning him under those circumstances.

Quote: Shandonbelle @ 22nd April 2017, 11:08 AM

But Trump's risk to self or others is, at present, totally subjective and a matter of opinion, that's why some people voted for him and others ran a mile (and I'm no fan of the guy). There would be no grounds for sectioning him under those circumstances.

I could list the reasons, but they're infinite and all online anyway for all to see.

But simple signs were 'no-one has more respect for women than I do' after it was proved the opposite was true, followed by delusion at size of inauguration crowd, forgetting which country he'd bombed in favour of details about chocolate cake . . .

Come on . . . even dubbya looks like Einstein by comparison, so consistent defenders of this man must either know far more about how terrifying a prospect Pence may be, or they're completely deluded too.

Today is International Vinyl Day. I whole-heartedly support this worthy cause. F**k famine relief, f**k blocking the terrorists, f**k freeing political prisoners let's channel our energies into saving this total and utter shite pile of crappy crinkly crankly bollocks that sounds even worse the more you play it and even at first it sounded like anal with a vampire bat, 8756978408758054930 pubic miles' storage space per 5 secs and it's still f**king awful, my parents liked it well so f**king what, they're your parents, wtf do they know. they have to have shit taste in music it's their job, my dad thought Paul f**king Simon was Jimi Hendrix. Let's open a petition on Change.org, spend 87965465370508749764p0 quid for half a billisec I could hear for free on Yoube in the midst of the worst European crisis since Bros like Paul McCartney ain't got enough momney for doing f**k all anyway already. F**k you, record day. Really. F**k you.

Quote: fopdoodle @ 22nd April 2017, 11:26 AM

I could list the reasons, but they're infinite and all online anyway for all to see.

But simple signs were 'no-one has more respect for women than I do' after it was proved the opposite was true, followed by delusion at size of inauguration crowd, forgetting which country he'd bombed in favour of details about chocolate cake . . .

Come on . . . even dubbya looks like Einstein by comparison, so consistent defenders of this man must either know far more about how terrifying a prospect Pence may be, or they're completely deluded too.

It's a known fact that quite often psychopaths end up in positions of power by sheer charisma and force of personality along with inflated ego, delusions of grandeur etc etc...and also a known fact that many end up in politics, law, governmental positions...now I'm not saying...but ya know..

Quote: Shandonbelle @ 22nd April 2017, 11:57 AM

It's a known fact that quite often psychopaths end up in positions of power by sheer charisma and force of personality along with inflated ego, delusions of grandeur etc etc...and also a known fact that many end up in politics, law, governmental positions...now I'm not saying...but ya know..

Of course that has always been the case, but never before so clearly obviously and demonstrably.

Quote: fopdoodle @ 22nd April 2017, 8:51 AM

Surely there is a law for sectioning like we have here which can be implemented when there is a risk to themselves or others?

So citizens of the UK have gone from openly advocating for assassinating Donald Trump to merely committing him to a mental institution against his will? Now that's what I call open-minded and a shining example of the bipartisan approach that is sadly lacking in modern politics. Errr

Quote: DaButt @ 22nd April 2017, 4:26 PM

So citizens of the UK have gone from openly advocating for assassinating Donald Trump to merely committing him to a mental institution against his will? Now that's what I call open-minded and a shining example of the bipartisan approach that is sadly lacking in modern politics. Errr

I think we all know deep down it will never happen unless he turns up for work with his underpants on his head.
:O

Quote: fopdoodle @ 22nd April 2017, 5:50 PM

I think we all know deep down it will never happen unless he turns up for work with his underpants on his head.
:O

Unorthodox arrangement of attire ought never be deemed a symptom of mental instability.

Do you think Bill Clinton should have been committed just because he had Monica Lewinsky naked and masturbating with a cigar, while he watched and whacked off alongside her, all the while keeping Yassir Arafat waiting in the next room?

How about LBJ getting his cock out in public and propositioning women?

What anyone does in private is their own business provided it doesn't affect their ability to do their job, or contradict their ethics in that job.

I wouldn't be surprised if Trump wore his underpants on the outside of his trousers in private, or perhaps the whole superman outfit (though I can't imagine him in lycra - or would rather not, even with Melania) but he'll slip up sooner or later, crossing over which would be unacceptable - even if he's just got a piece of cape poking out - then they could politely ask him if he'd volunteer for an assessment.

If one is confident one is mentally stable, why not volunteer? You'd also show your tax returns if you had nothing to hide.