Status report Page 5,961

It's a dapper one.

I would expect nothing less

:D

I turn the big 4 0 today so am just heading over to the folks house for the weekend and small get together tomorrow. On Monday I am definitely starting a new diet and excercise regime.

I did some recording this week which I've wanted to to for a few years but never had the courage. I was a bit nervous but had a great time and can't wait to go back in a few months.

Republica - Ready To Go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-FMYcxlJDg

Ben has a fair amount of writing ahead of him tonight, but he will do his best to prevail.

Just come back from a double Selective Laser Trabeculoplasty at the Eye Clinic to treat my glaucoma. They were supposed to do only my worse left eye but I was talked into having them both done.

God, I thought she was never going to end with the laser zapping me eyeballs as I sat there thinking "Oh well, her face is the last thing I will see" :( (Ever the optimist, me)

Anyway, they are both done now and I even managed to drive myself home. Got a bit of a headache over it and the pressures in the eyes are still high because of the treatment so won't know just how successful it has been until I go back in two months for a check-up.

Hope it works out well. I dread having anything like that done.

Thanks BB, eyes are a bit blurry at the moment but she said this would be the case.............at least I THINK and hope that is what she said. :(

"Nurse, I've changed my mind."

You think you're unlucky? Spare a thought for the Brighton goalkeeper in last night's match with Norwich......................

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OH94u7LrIA

Good luck Herc. I didn't think they ever did both in case there was a problem and then letting you drive home I think was a bit irresponsible although you seem to have got home safely.

There's no traffic where Herc lives. Well the odd oss n cart and a wandering sheep maybe.

Quote: Chappers @ 23rd April 2017, 11:49 PM

Good luck Herc. I didn't think they ever did both in case there was a problem and then letting you drive home I think was a bit irresponsible although you seem to have got home safely.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 24th April 2017, 7:29 AM

There's no traffic where Herc lives. Well the odd oss n cart and a wandering sheep maybe.

You're both talking daft, what Herc meant was he got on his cart & let the reins loose & the donkey walked him home.

Rolling eyes

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Edit: Egad even I am doing "your" instead of "you're" now. The end is nigh.

Quote: Chappers @ 23rd April 2017, 11:49 PM

Thanks Dave, but the irresponsibility was on my part as they do warn you not to drive. I did have Plan B though for my son to come to the hospital by taxi to take me and car home.

It was blurry but just about manageable. :S

And yes, the plan was def. for me to have one done only (on my part) just in case it all went pear shaped but they are so confident with this op. now it is virtually fool-proof, and they talked me into it.
BUT when someone is zapping your eyes with a laser it's not fun and seems to go on forever.

I tell you what I never understand with an)esthetics [take yer pick] - I have had a bad cut from a disc cutter where they literally scrubbed the dirt from the wound and felt nothing after a local jab, I have now had three eye laser operations and one cataract removal where they put iodine in your eye to sterilise it (AFTER the local of course!!!) and felt nothing, YET they STILL cannot make dental work painless.
F**king mystery.

Quote: billwill @ 24th April 2017, 12:10 PM

You're both talking daft, what Herc meant was he got on his cart & let the reins loose & the donkey walked him home.

Cor blass, yorn cup'ler quare bors, un oi dunno wat yor loike.

Cor! It's hailing here in Muswell Hill

Quote: billwill @ 26th April 2017, 2:20 PM

Cor! It's hailing here in Muswell Hill

Not when I was there this morning but we had a couple of hail stones in Redhill this afternoon.