This forum Page 2

Now the new forum has bedded in can I make a plea for the return of a signature feature. I understand you don't want wedges of crap pictures and links pushing posts down the screen but I think a short (140 character?) text only signature might add a little 'character' to posters.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 7th April 2017, 10:14 PM

I do that virtually every time. But I just press the "back arrow" (or whatever the official name is) and my comments are still there waiting for me to post it correctly.

That does not seem to work with PC Firefox, my previous typing is cleared.

Quote: playfull @ 8th April 2017, 11:58 AM

Now the new forum has bedded in can I make a plea for the return of a signature feature. I understand you don't want wedges of crap pictures and links pushing posts down the screen but I think a short (140 character?) text only signature might add a little 'character' to posters.

I second that.

Quote: billwill @ 9th April 2017, 2:35 AM

That does not seem to work with PC Firefox, my previous typing is cleared.

I'm on Google Chrome.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 9th April 2017, 7:19 AM

I second that.

Thirded.

We all want it, however it seems the site has been taken over by the Tory government. :(

I like the "all".........er, Paul; but fear this will fall on deaf ears. Lovely people Aaron and Mark, but when they stamp their foot they mean it.

We could have a march and sit-down protest. Will you carry the flag if we all rally behind it? :)

Quote: billwill @ 7th April 2017, 2:58 PM

How would you feel about changing the colour of the POST button on "Fast Reply" to Blue to match its header and the REPLY button just above it.

Sorry for those of you who had trouble with the two green buttons. The other one is now white so hopefully it shouldn't cause so many problems!

Quote: Davida Grimes @ 8th April 2017, 10:32 AM

What's going to change with the "People" section? I'm curious.

We'll be making about 5 years work public. More information and content for 40,000 comedy actors, writers, producers, directors etc etc. It's going to be BIG! (Hence keeping it as a main menu bar item despite there not being much there yet)

Quote: playfull @ 8th April 2017, 11:58 AM

Now the new forum has bedded in can I make a plea for the return of a signature feature.

We're looking into this! (That's not a brush off, we are)

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 14th April 2017, 10:05 PM

We all want it, however it seems the site has been taken over by the Tory government. :(

Snap election time :)

Quote: Mark @ 18th April 2017, 8:28 PM

We'll be making about 5 years work public. More information and content for 40,000 comedy actors, writers, producers, directors etc etc. It's going to be BIG! (Hence keeping it as a main menu bar item despite there not being much there yet)

Fancy!

Thanks for all your hard work, as always.

Why do I have to keep signing in? It used to be that I was on permanently for about a year but now I seem to have to sign in every month or so.

Also I have it all in memory so I just press the button and it says "Welcome Back!"

It's a minor frustration!

Quote: Chappers @ 17th May 2017, 6:56 PM

Why do I have to keep signing in? It used to be that I was on permanently for about a year but now I seem to have to sign in every month or so.

Also I have it all in memory so I just press the button and it says "Welcome Back!"

Probably your browser updating. We've much higher security now to protect your data.

Quote: Chappers @ 17th May 2017, 6:56 PM

As I went to post and gloat that I don't have that trouble ever, I found that I wasn't logged in. Unimpressed

I find this happens a lot, usually unpredictably.

Bai Jove. It's like reading Confessions of the Browser History Cleaners.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 17th May 2017, 11:13 PM

As I went to post and gloat that I don't have that trouble ever, I found that I wasn't logged in. Unimpressed

Turns out that my problems are self inflicted as Virgin Media has been trying to sort a problem for over a day now and we are informed they will not have it resolved until tomorrow afternoon. Shit.
Angry