Morecambe and Wise Forever

Lovely. :)

Could have done with at least one additional episode in the series, mind!

Quote: Aaron @ 17th April 2017, 6:07 AM

You have probably seen both parts.

I have still got the second one to see as that is televised tonight.

But yes - the more the better. :)

Quote: Aaron @ 17th April 2017, 6:07 AM

The second part was lovely too.

I am not sure which is better - to have been there in the 1970s and have it as a memory or to be a younger person like you who wasn't. There is a sense of "it was good to have been there" but also a feeling of loss. This is something that intrigues me generally - is 1970s comedy appreciated best without nostalgia?

Also, Aaaronn, do you think that Osman and Armstrong would be the best people to attempt a one off version of Morecambe and Wise one Christmas or would it be Angelic pointless or (B) a disaster?

Seen most of it before of course with other documentaries that also featured Eric's chauffeur and Roller for example; but the joke I never tire of......................

Ernie (in front of curtain gesturing as to an "entrance") "Ladies and Gentlemen, Sir Laurence...................."
Eric (bursting thru' curtain) "He can't come"

Never fails with me every time. Laughing out loud

Quote: A Horseradish @ 17th April 2017, 10:39 PM

Also, Aaaronn, do you think that Osman and Armstrong would be the best people to attempt a one off version of Morecambe and Wise one Christmas or would it be Angelic pointless or (B) a disaster?

Both.

Just watched part 1. (Haven't been able to find part 2, but haven't looked very hard just yet). It was great. Presented through much rosier glasses than a lot of stuff about the pair I'd seen in the past. All the stuff about them never being jealous of one another and not really disagreeing or fighting. Not sure I believe that entirely, but that's okay. Suppose I'd rather them be remembered through rosy lenses than through tabloidy ones.

I recommend Morecambe & Wise: The Whole Story. Two feature length episodes; a much more comprehensive history.

Quote: Aaron @ 18th April 2017, 11:21 AM

Both.

Oh. :(

What about Kevin and Dave from the Eggheads?

I'm happy to say I have no idea who they are. Repeats of original The Morecambe & Wise Shows all-round, I think!

Quote: Aaron @ 18th April 2017, 3:04 PM

I recommend Morecambe & Wise: The Whole Story. Two feature length episodes; a much more comprehensive history.

Yep, seen that. Very good. More comprehensive, less nostalgic, maybe?