A Young Geraldine Granger Sitcom, Anyone?

I noticed that Roy Clarke's "Keeping Up Appearances" had a prequel in "Young Hyacinth". In the tradition of "Young Hyacinth" I would like to see a sitcom with a younger Geraldine Granger, before she became "The Vicar of Dibley". We can see how she lived before reading The Sermon on the Mount and deciding to be a member of the Church of England clergy, starting with being a deacon. We will see her during the time of the debating and approving of the ordination of women priests, her ordination as priest, and end with her being assigned as Dibley's vicar. What do you think about the idea? Would you like to see Richard Curtis write it?

Why not? It worked with The Muppet Babies, Little Archie and The Flintstone Kids. If The Frying Nun, a humorous look at Geraldine Granger's path to priesthood (while running the fish and chip shop she inherited from her uncle John Inman), is a success, then perhaps we could also have The Young Young Ones, in which we are treated to the antics of Rik, Vyvyan, Neil and Mike as fifth graders at Brakenbury Primary School. Ben Elton could be headmaster. And some annoying kid with a crewcut keeps popping up to do unfunny shouty monologues as a young Jerzy Balowski.

Could be fun! I know I'd watch it.

(Starts writing)

Quote: Kenneth @ 16th April 2017, 10:23 AM

The Young Young Ones, in which we are treated to the antics of Rik, Vyvyan, Neil and Mike as fifth graders at Brakenbury Primary School. Ben Elton could be headmaster. And some annoying kid with a crewcut keeps popping up to do unfunny shouty monologues as a young Jerzy Balowski.

That would be a great animated one.