BCG Fantasy Premier League 2016/17 Page 27

Herc - most players are sh*te - there's only Messi, Suarez and Zaha who are any good anyway.. and Alfie Mawson of course.

Quote: ContainsNuts @ 1st April 2017, 10:57 PM

Vardy's better than Rondon, who knew?! >_<>_<

Hey Anton. I know you're keeping cool, but you must have cast an eye on it. Top spot in the clique league?

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 6th April 2017, 11:16 PM

"And finally, one late goalkeeper result just in....................

Jakupovic 1 Boruc 3 "

I guess you're just trying to annoy me. I did explain this. You play who you've got. I judged that Jakupovic would score more than Heaton. Jakupovic wouldn't be my current choice for keeper if you offered me a free choice, but I'm not going to waste points to change him. I didn't even have a playing keeper for three weeks over Christmas and still went up the table.

You bought Boruc in GW20. He didn't get a clean sheet for nine game weeks after you got him. And when he did bring in points in GW29 you only got those points because he was autosubbed off your bench.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 7th April 2017, 12:26 AM

You bought Boruc in GW20. He didn't get a clean sheet for nine game weeks after you got him. And when he did bring in points in GW29 you only got those points because he was autosubbed off your bench.

That's still gnawing at you ain't it and I don't know why as we all have a bit of luck at this, at some point.

We are going to have to devise some sort of flag system as you expect people to see when you are not serious BUT if I do a leg-pull you get upset and accuse me of being abusive or going out of my way to upset you. I can't win, so perhaps I shouldn't post at all.

"Transforming into the Hulk at the end should have given you the idea that I'm not actually having a go at you."

Well no to be honest - it means nothing to me......................(Vienna.)

Goodbye.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 3rd April 2017, 3:10 AM

Unfortunately this game is mostly about luck which is why last year's winner and two-time champion Steve is languishing at the bottom of the table 300pts off the pace. Incidentally Steve is lurking, he's posted elsewhere on the site.

300 wow
I've left the team dead & haven't checked it since, well since when I stopped.
But I've kept up with the thread, which can actually be quite fun if you don't get involved

Gerry filled me in on the league situation anyway at Renegade Carparks memorial drinks
According to him, he's got the title in the bag and the rest of you are all pussies
I said it was about time he got good again at this game, and looks like he's taken my advice
'

Didn't know you and Gerry were friends in real life. And with Renegade Carpark. Explains quite a bit.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 8th April 2017, 12:47 AM

Didn't know you and Gerry were friends in real life. And with Renegade Carpark. Explains quite a bit.

We all chipped in for Gold membership on fantasy footballs scout together
It was Gerry's turn to use it this year

I was referring to you and Gerry ignoring me as a f**king double act for the last couple of years - nothing to do with Fantasy Scout. Shame neither of you has half a f**king bollock to stand up to me. At least Don has a go.

'But I've kept up with the thread, which can actually be quite fun if you don't get involved'

Glad you felt entertained. The idea is that you do get involved and contribute and make it worth being part of. You're not the worst but giving up playing because you fell behind is pretty lame, especially when I kept playing last season under horrible circumstances.

F**k it, what does it matter. The world is full of people like you and Gerry: colourless, odourless, invisible, f**king lurkers.

Quote: SSTT @ 7th April 2017, 12:02 AM

Hey Anton. I know you're keeping cool, but you must have cast an eye on it. Top spot in the clique league?

Yeah, well 30 points isn't a lot in this game but I'd rather be 30 ahead than behind. I would've taken it a few weeks ago. I've been on a good run but you never know how long a run will last but at the moment it's not beyond a few of us.

Quote: ContainsNuts @ 8th April 2017, 10:23 AM

Yeah, well 30 points isn't a lot in this game but I'd rather be 30 ahead than behind.

Seems obvious, but I know what you mean. Does give you the chance to try some orthodox things like Gerry selling Aguero last week and buying him back again this. I've stopped posting my predictions of his transfers but I knew he would do this as well as captain him and to be honest I don't know why I knew. It just seems like a Gerry thing to do.

I see you held on to Coutinho. (And Barkley) Didn't work out me swapping him for Chadli at all. First time Coutinho's ever scored three games in a row. And you get more Stephens points off the bench! Little by little. If it wasn't a matter of life and death, the vagaries of this game would be quite amusing.

I'm annoyed at myself for listening to the news he was unlikely to start as Coutinho was in my first XI instead of Origi. But that's the game for you.

Everton's home record is brilliant of late and Barkley gets involved a lot more there so hoping he delivers.

What's happened to Sigi? Gone right off the boil.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 8th April 2017, 1:03 AM

We all chipped in for Gold membership on fantasy footballs scout together
It was Gerry's turn to use it this year

:D:D

I'm having a decent gameweek after a couple of absolute howlers. I'm putting that down to cracking and finally getting a Spurs player in :)

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 8th April 2017, 2:54 AM

F**k it, what does it matter. The world is full of people like you and Gerry: colourless, odourless, invisible, f**king lurkers.

With all due respect mate
piss off you grumpy c**t

I've kept this thread going singe handedly at times
And stayed on through some surprisingly vehement abuse

I stopped because I thought that time spent poring over transfers might better be used trying to write jokes I can sell
It hasn't worked that well admittedly , but I had a good reason

And this thread can be fun to read
never funny, but fun to read

Quote: Gerry McDonnell @ 9th April 2017, 11:07 AM

:D:D

I'm having a decent gameweek after a couple of absolute howlers. I'm putting that down to cracking and finally getting a Spurs player in :)

Great week, mate. Still a bit to go too.

Oh look, I've fluked a 100.

(And not an "autosub" in sight - jammy git)

Looks like an exciting last six weeks in store...I think my race is run (a 1am transfer meltdown last night/this morning in which I still haven't managed to get rid of George Friend is evidence of this) but I think anyone in the top 4 can still win this.

On that note though, it's sad to see Gerry's lead cut so dramatically at such a critical stage of the season. I hope some of these videos help him to find the courage to carry on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9q4S1t2oVcA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xAR151sdS0 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKmCCIjgY4E

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 11th April 2017, 6:58 AM

Oh look, I've fluked a 100.

(And not an "autosub" in sight - jammy git)

Congratulations Herc on reaching another century.