It's Official, Brexit is not funny. Page 2

Quote: zooo @ 7th April 2017, 11:50 PM

Well more people (that actually voted) voted FOR it, obviously. But some of even them seem to have gone off the idea now.
So who knows what the actual numbers are.

Many more have gone from remainers to leavers, mind.

I think your country and mine are pretty well past the point of the actual numbers mattering. It's too late.

Quote: Davida Grimes @ 8th April 2017, 12:01 AM

I think your country and mine are pretty well past the point of the actual numbers mattering. It's too late.

That's what old people like me are supposed to say. The young are supposed to be brimming with optimism.

Quote: Davida Grimes @ 8th April 2017, 12:01 AM

This time last year I was doing sums and planning my future financially, but now I'm just thinking live every day and spend like it's my last because I don't know which country is going to be provoked into epic destruction.

It's a laugh, thinking that someone's ego alone could bring about the end of everything, when this time last year we were kinda doing alright.

:D:(:O

Quote: fopdoodle @ 8th April 2017, 12:57 AM

It's a laugh, thinking that someone's ego alone could bring about the end of everything, when this time last year we were kinda doing alright.

:D:(:O

Just because Aaron has been quoted a few times, it doesn't mean the end of the BCG
He'll still stick around however famous he gets

Laughing out loud True dat.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 8th April 2017, 12:59 AM

Just because Aaron has been quoted a few times, it doesn't mean the end of the BCG
He'll still stick around however famous he gets

I think he's talking about the end of the world...not the end of BCG, haha.

Also, I'm the most optimistic person I know! Well, not really, but I am an optimist. I call myself "vaguely optimistic". I think my life could end up going well, I'm happy with how it's gone so far, I feel lucky for what I have, and think I will be able to accomplish many of the goals most important to me, in time. I don't think the world is about to end. I don't think your country or mine is doomed. But optimism untempered by rationality to me reeks of self-delusion. The "vague" part of the optimism comes in when my rational side (fore)sees obstacles, problems, injustices, violence, discrimination, and so forth. I think it would highly irrational to presume that everything is going to be okay and work out just fine for everyone, and we'll all live happily ever after. I guess what I'm saying is, I'm aware of a lot of awfulness, and my rationality leads me to predict a lot of negative things happening in the future, but I (perhaps irrationally) still choose to cling on to hope, stay (vaguely) optimistic, and to strive for progress and positive change for myself, and hopefully find a way to make a positive impact on others, and on our future. So there! I'm young and optimistic, just like I'm supposed to be. :P

Quote: zooo @ 7th April 2017, 11:50 PM

Well more people (that actually voted) voted FOR it, obviously. But some of even them seem to have gone off the idea now.
So who knows what the actual numbers are.

I don't think that anyone who voted for it regrets it. That was just bollocks from the Remoaners. There's no way it can be proven that those who said they'd changed their mind had actually voted to get out.

(Apart from me hearing them say so.)

Quote: Chappers @ 8th April 2017, 6:05 PM

I don't think that anyone who voted for it regrets it. That was just bollocks from the Remoaners. There's no way it can be proven that those who said they'd changed their mind had actually voted to get out.

There are definitely some. Far fewer than remainers who are now pro-leave, though!

The big mistake among the shouty proponents of both Leave and Remain is to assume that all the people who voted the same way that they did were as certain as they were. There were a lot of remain voters who did so despite their misgivings and a lot of leave voters who did so with a heavy heart. So castigating voters on either side for their choice is going to make a lot more enemies than it does friends.

For myself I think that those who see the EU as a paradise lost are as deluded and those who want to make Britain great again, and that, in any case, in ten years time it won't matter much which way the UK voted.

Quote: Tursiops @ 8th April 2017, 7:26 PM

The big mistake among the shouty proponents of both Leave and Remain is to assume that all the people who voted the same way that they did were as certain as they were. There were a lot of remain voters who died so despite their misgivings and a lot of leave voters who did so with a heavy heart. So castigating voters on either side for their choice is going to make a lot more enemies than it does friends.

For myself I think that those who see the EU as a paradise lost are as deluded and those who want to make Britain great again, and that, in any case, in ten years time it won't matter much which way the UK voted.

All I know is that I can count on one hand the number of people I know who voted 'leave' and of them, only 2 were intelligent and educated.

Quote: keewik @ 9th April 2017, 12:08 AM

All I know is that I can count on one hand the number of people I know who voted 'leave' and of them, only 2 were intelligent and educated.

Keewik's right. Brexit voters are predominantly ignorant people, fooled by the lies of the Brexiteer politicians.

Quote: keewik @ 9th April 2017, 12:08 AM

Two more than those who voted remain, though. ;)

Quote: beaky @ 9th April 2017, 12:30 AM

Keewik's right. Brexit voters are predominantly ignorant people, fooled by the lies of the Brexiteer politicians.

That is really quite completely untrue.

Quote: beaky @ 9th April 2017, 12:30 AM

Beaky's wromg: It's them as voted to remain what are predammably igorant and wuz fooled by the project fear lies of the Remainer polititshuns.