Harry Hill's Alien Fun Capsule - Series 1 Page 3

This is fast becoming must watch telly, I love it! Supremely silly in all the right ways, the guests are good sports and it goes by so quickly. We've had Bridget Christie, I want to see Stewart Lee on, the ultimate clashing of comedic stylings

Last one was a bit crap, have they run out of ideas already?

Was always going to happen.

I don't think it was crap but it relies on the reaction of the guests who have, in the main, been actors not comedians. Last night had 2 comedians so it had a different vibe. The fun is watching the guests not having a clue half the time as to what is going on. With comedians it had a different vibe.

Gloria Hunniford running out of the studio to go to Greggs was very funny.

Quote: Monkeys Grimace @ 3rd April 2017, 1:08 AM

Last one was a bit crap, have they run out of ideas already?

Was always going to happen.

If you listen carefully you can catch Harry express his embarrassment that ITV has allowed him to get away with it (he said same on The One Show awhile back), but why should he care if they are going to throw money at him - good on him I say, and there are still gems to be had in there I think.

I tend to watch this on catch-up. Is it on before the watershed? If so what about the pottery?

Quote: Chappers @ 3rd April 2017, 7:49 PM

I tend to watch this on catch-up. Is it on before the watershed? If so what about the pottery?

If only there was a website that provided that information in just one click from the page you're already on!

If only..............

Last one I think this week and despite Harry himself yet again expressing his embarrassment at being "allowed to get away with it", I think he doesn't realise just how good this is. The guests have little to do with it of course (in it being funny) - it's just stupid and madcap but Harry makes it a hilarious half hour.............in my eyes.

This has been a pretty great series. Only one episode (the one with Philip Glenister) failed to hit the mark for me. The rest was nonsensical genius. Hopefully it will return for a 2nd series.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 7th April 2017, 11:59 PM

Last one I think this week

It's on next week also.

Quote: Richard Wells @ 8th April 2017, 5:22 PM

It's on next week also.

Yes, bits they didn't use from previous. As was announced this week's was the last one.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 8th April 2017, 5:51 PM

Yes, bits they didn't use from previous. As was announced this week's was the last one.

Oops my bad.

It/they will still be funny though. :D

Proof that Hazza can get away with anything no matter how silly AND make it funny . . . comparing sausages with chipolatas on Des O'Connor's face in a box.

Had this been on Celebrity Juice, I would not have done it had I been a guest for obvious reasons, but I would do virtually anything on Harry Hill's show.

Similarly with All Round to Mrs. Brown's (cringe - it was a shambles) which I caught last night just because Kevin Bridges was on - felt mortified for Steve Backshall as he seemed like he was 'performing' under duress - it was awful, but guests being asked to be silly on Harry Hill just works because it's Harry Hill.

Oh my - I've been posting on the Mumsnet TV forums about how much I love this show. Yes, it's silly and the panel show element really doesn't work, but I think that it's great. I adore the way that HH uses a different veteran TV presenter to fill the fourth chair every week and until I looked it up on Wikipedia (yeah, I am that sad - don't judge me too harshly, eh?) that Des O'Connor was of Irish/Jewish heritage?

My son (nine) couldn't stop laughing at the "What Happens Next" clip where the woman/girl places her bare behind on an electrified fence and then falls, head first, into a cowpat.