Rest in Peace, Renegade Carpark Page 4

I've only just heard this awful awful news, Gutted. I met James a few times at the BCG drinks and not only was extremely witty and great company he was also a true gent, mannerly and chivalrous. Unbelievable that he is gone. RIP RC.

Quote: Kenneth @ 1st April 2017, 3:50 AM

Such as this https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/23585 ? Don't get such debate/discussion on the BCG any more.

He made 11,291 posts here. Wonder if his family knows of this site and would like to read through his posts, or even just a curated collection of "classics".

Such as his reaction to the death of Phillip Seymour Hoffman: https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/10203/1435/#P1052525

RC owned those threads, weaved them like a web, classic days on the BCG. He has been sorely missed on here for a long time, along with Sootyj, sparring away like a pair of Rocky Balboa's but with more aesthetic ears and noses.

As somebody who clashed with him online on an almost daily basis, I'd like to add my (also returning) voice to those confirming that he was a genuinely friendly bloke when met offline.

I stopped listening to him online several months ago and social media became almost immediately less interesting.

Funny guy. I'm sad he's gone.

Rest in peace Sir Carpark. :-(

Quote: billwill @ 1st April 2017, 12:53 PM

For those who had met him, but didn't realise who he was, here is a picture. Traditionally we haven't put real people photos here in BCG, but I don't expect that James would mind now.

Only 48, 2 years younger than me. It's heartening to see a lot of the 'oldies' paying tributes.

RCP's death has made me think that if anything were to happen to me, no one would ever know really on here as my family don't know that I've been dicking about on here for the past 7 years and I wonder if any other 'missing' posters have died rather than just f**king off.

Never met the bloke and never crossed his path on these forums but very impressed by the strength of feeling expressed by so many posters. A very fitting tribute.

Quote: Will Cam @ 1st April 2017, 11:44 PM

Only 48, 2 years younger than me. It's heartening to see a lot of the 'oldies' paying tributes.

RCP's death has made me think that if anything were to happen to me, no one would ever know really on here as my family don't know that I've been dicking about on here for the past 7 years and I wonder if any other 'missing' posters have died rather than just f**king off.

My son knows I am on this forum regular like, not that he knows the details, so to make sure about me and er.........not being here one day (Renegade has jolted me again to look at my position as being probably the oldest on this forum?) and have this week left a note with the new wills that my wife and I have just had written giving details of my nom de plume and password for when I ........well, you know..............(does Dawsonian Ada mime)

Don't worry Herc
You'll get a tribute thread as well, even if you have to start it yourself
It did make me think though, James would have loved to see how well he was regarded, it's a shame that most of it happens when you're not around to see it.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 2nd April 2017, 12:45 AM

..not being here one day (Renegade has jolted me again to look at my position as being probably the oldest on this forum?)

I thought at 76 and a half, I'm older'n you. ?

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 2nd April 2017, 1:05 AM

Don't worry Herc
You'll get a tribute thread as well, even if you have to start it yourself
It did make me think though, James would have loved to see how well he was regarded, it's a shame that most of it happens when you're not around to see it.

Aww, thank you Steve, and just to be sure I will come back to self start it as long as everyone will forgive my presumption. Angelic

Quote: billwill @ 2nd April 2017, 3:05 AM

I thought at 76 and a half, I'm older'n you. ?

I stand corrected Bill, I thought you were about the same age as me - 71.

So when yer goin'? Whistling nnocently :D

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 2nd April 2017, 12:45 AM

..my position as being probably the oldest on this forum?

No, that's definitely Keewik - she still remembers the relief of Mafeking and the irish potato famine. In fact, she started it when she bought her first bag of chips.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 2nd April 2017, 7:00 AM

I stand corrected Bill, I thought you were about the same age as me - 71.

So when yer goin'? Whistling nnocently :D

I don't intend going at all :)

Quote: SSTT @ 2nd April 2017, 12:51 PM

No, that's definitely Keewik - she still remembers the relief of Mafeking and the irish potato famine. In fact, she started it when she bought her first bag of chips.

Laughing out loud Hoots.

Quote: billwill @ 2nd April 2017, 1:31 PM

I don't intend going at all :)

Go on, I'll race you to the finish line....................... Ill Sleepy

None of you are allowed to shuffle off this mortal coil! Two of the BCGers I met in London in 2014 have passed away and that's two too many. Those of you who were there that day might want to get a medical checkup to put an end to the curse.

RIP, Renegade Carpark and OldRocker. :(

Quote: SSTT @ 2nd April 2017, 12:51 PM

Typical Southern cheek! I warned them when they were signing the Union of the Parliaments doc, but would they listen!