Rest in Peace, Renegade Carpark Page 3

:O:(

Can't believe this sad news.
We had a terrible argument, about guns or something like that. Lots of name calling and stuff. We reconciled via PM the next day, it was then I realised what a nice guy he was when not in his 'online persona'-mode. Never heard of him again because he suddenly stopped posting on this site after that. I was sure he'd come back one day because this wasn't his first hiatus.
Still can't believe it. :(

Well, we had many a contretemps here on the forum: me, the ultra-left Castrovian treehugger and him the ultra-right Hitlerian apologist, but I shall forever be grateful to him for introducing me (via riposte) to the word "twunt". RIP René.

RIP.

I'll miss the way he called Russell Howard "Blinky McMuppetface".

We had drinks organised tonight with a few BCGers
Renegade was going to be there, as he'd always be
So in the end it turned into a bit of a tribute night in his absence,
We got pissed, smoked fags & all pretended to support Brexit for the night

Missing you already buddy

Lovely to see the tributes above, agree with them all.

RG was an irascible c*nt on here. Yet one who always carefullly chose his words and who, in reality, never wanted to make enemies.

Again, I urge people to forage through RC threads...

He was nearly as funny and insightful as me.

"There's a hole in the universe!"

Quote: T.W. @ 1st April 2017, 1:52 AM

Lovely to see the tributes above, agree with them all.

RG was an irascible c*nt on here. Yet one who always carefullly chose his words and who, in reality, never wanted to make enemies.

He was nearly funny and insightful as me.

"There's a hole in the universe!"

I always maintained that he was the second funniest person on the BCG

Quote: T.W. @ 1st April 2017, 1:52 AM

Such as this https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/23585 ? Don't get such debate/discussion on the BCG any more.

He made 11,291 posts here. Wonder if his family knows of this site and would like to read through his posts, or even just a curated collection of "classics".

Such as his reaction to the death of Phillip Seymour Hoffman: https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/10203/1435/#P1052525

I just wanted to add to these lovely messages on here and mention how awesome RC was to me all the times I met him in real life. He truly was wonderful and although he sometimes gave me hell on here as a moderator, he was just so damn charming and funny in real life he got away with it. RIP RC. Xx

Awful News. RC was always messaging me support and encouragement during my time on these boards... then of course laying in on the main forum! Thoughts to family and friends.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 1st April 2017, 1:28 AM

We had drinks organised tonight with a few BCGers
Renegade was going to be there, as he'd always be
So in the end it turned into a bit of a tribute night in his absence,
We got pissed, smoked fags & all pretended to support Brexit for the night

Missing you already buddy

That was nice, and speaking as someone who has baby boomer friends falling like flies of late :( ................how old was he Steve. Any idea?

I wondered that too.

It is a shame that he wasn't like that. I think there is a lot of bile with the baby boomers, with the 60s revolution that never really lived up to the hype. That could be described as populism too, I s'pose.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 1st April 2017, 9:05 AM

how old was he?

He was only 48. We should have had another 40 years of his rants.

I honestly believe that he would have become famous somewhere down the road. His talents should have landed him a job as a columnist or television personality.

For those who had met him, but didn't realise who he was, here is a picture. Traditionally we haven't put real people photos here in BCG, but I don't expect that James would mind now.

It should be added that he was a darned handsome and charming fellow.