Status report Page 5,959

Eaten by a lion.

I just looked at mine, it all just says Lyle too. Are we sure it ever said Tate and Lyle on the syrup? Maybe that was just on sugar.

*edit*
Oh yes, you said you had a tin. Maybe it was from the 1950s? You are quite old...

It's a long time since I had access a tin of Golden Syrup (since when all my teeth have rotted away) but are you sure that "Tate" ever had representation thereon? The links below shows tins, and advertising items, through the ages and none of them include "Tate" within the logo. And, when you think about it, it looks right - and symmetrical - as it is. Add a "Tate &" and it would become top heavy on the left hand side (if that makes sense).

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1311.R2.TR3.TRC0.A0.H1.Xgolden+syrup.TRS0&_nkw=golden+syrup+tin&_sacat=0

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=tate+and+lyle+golden+syrup+tin&rlz=1C1NNVC_enGB496GB565&espv=2&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiywsb31dvSAhUMAcAKHYLiALkQ7AkIVg&biw=1366&bih=638&dpr=1#imgrc=_

I've used it to brew certain British-style beers for several years and it's always been sold as Lyle's here in the States.

I've started making my own invert sugar (golden syrup) since it's much cheaper than the imported stuff.

Quote: zooo @ 16th March 2017, 11:38 PM

Eaten by a lion.

I just looked at mine, it all just says Lyle too. Are we sure it ever said Tate and Lyle on the syrup? Maybe that was just on sugar.

*edit*
Oh yes, you said you had a tin. Maybe it was from the 1950s? You are quite old...

I think you've nailed it there zooo. I have officially lost the plot of life and await my demise as a dribbling wreck. :(

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 16th March 2017, 11:51 PM

It's a long time since I had access a tin of Golden Syrup (since when all my teeth have rotted away) but are you sure that "Tate" ever had representation thereon? The links below shows tins, and advertising items, through the ages and none of them include "Tate" within the logo. And, when you think about it, it looks right - and symmetrical - as it is. Add a "Tate &" and it would become top heavy on the left hand side (if that makes sense).

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1311.R2.TR3.TRC0.A0.H1.Xgolden+syrup.TRS0&_nkw=golden+syrup+tin&_sacat=0

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=tate+and+lyle+golden+syrup+tin&rlz=1C1NNVC_enGB496GB565&espv=2&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiywsb31dvSAhUMAcAKHYLiALkQ7AkIVg&biw=1366&bih=638&dpr=1#imgrc=_

You are so right Gerald and I'm sure your alter ego, who must have had loads of the stuff, would aver that I have gone bonkers.

Ben is off to buy some blank DVDs and a spot of lunch.

Just leaving Asda and a woman who works there said don't forget your cashback and thrust some cash at me. I thought she was giving me my wallet so I took it and then I started wondering if it really was mine as I was walking to my car. It was one of those "is it really mine" moments. When I finally realised it wasn't mine I went back in and returned the £40 to her that she had given me explaining that I got confused which is why I took it. I doubt it will be reunited with the absent minded shopper who left it but at least my conscience is clear and I can't be arrested for theft. I go to that store a few times a week and I would have felt terrible if I had kept it.

L.E is back briefly and enjoying seeing the posts of some of the members she knows so well from "back in the day". Hope you're all well.

Quote: L.E. @ 1st April 2017, 7:20 AM

L.E is back briefly and enjoying seeing the posts of some of the members she knows so well from "back in the day". Hope you're all well.

Hi!

Quote: L.E. @ 1st April 2017, 7:20 AM

Wave

Hi, cat-lady! Wave

Hi back guys! It's been a long time.

S'up homie.

Hi Ellie.

Quote: Will Cam @ 1st April 2017, 1:53 PM

Hi Ellie.

Shhhhh don't tell people my real name - they could never guess from my profile name!

Hi though!

Quote: zooo @ 1st April 2017, 1:35 PM

S'up homie.

S'up Zooo! Thoroughly approve of your avatar!

Quote: L.E. @ 1st April 2017, 6:31 PM

S'up Zooo! Thoroughly approve of your avatar!

:D And I yours.

Although I'm worried what he's looking at.