Rest in Peace, Renegade Carpark Page 2

Utterly shocked. RIP, James.

Very shocked about this.

And, sorry to duplicate my Facebook post, but: "Renegade In Peace, James".

Quote: Will Cam @ 31st March 2017, 4:37 PM

I can picture him in Purgatory arguing with Martin McGuinness. Kick him in the bollocks for me RCP.

And one for me, too.

Quote: Will Cam @ 31st March 2017, 4:37 PM

That is terrible news. I thought this was a thread he'd started himself. I can picture him in Purgatory arguing with Martin McGuinness. Kick him in the bollocks for me RCP.

Are there any more details?

His brother's post said he died of natural causes.

Conspiracy Theory-ists might say the Brexxit Remoaners assasinated him.

I'll miss him, dammit.

Absolutely devastated for his family. :(

I disagreed with everything he said - but a wonderful, funny, intelligent writer and a really lovely guy.

My condolences.

I don't think he should rest in peace though. Can he keep arguing?

How very sad. Sorry to hear about this.

This is appalling news. I've missed him on the board for a very long time. Kept hoping he'd be back as he did used to go off for long times. I've seen his posts on sootyj's Facebook and he seemed as lively as ever. How very sad.

RIP. I always wondered why he had such a strange user name - does anyone know?

R.I.P R.C. Gutted to hear this, and via a humourous David Bussell Facebook post of all things. You gave me many laughs over the years you bastard, thanks and cheers to you!

Quote: beaky @ 31st March 2017, 5:50 PM

RIP. I always wondered why he had such a strange user name - does anyone know?

I think it's just a fun juxtaposition of two random words, verging on oxymoron. I think he explained it here once, somewhere among his many posts.

Such sad news, he was a grand sparring partner and a genuinely nice guy.

Hi there, fellow comedy-loving pals, it's Tim Walker.

Only popped in out of respect to Renegade Carpark.

One of my contemporaries during my time here and one of the few whom I was simultaneously a) admiring and b) jealous, of his brilliant, always comedic, witty posts.

Worth reading any thread (especially those years back) which he was involved with.

Read them... and then remember (take it from me) he was able to be funny and ascerbic, yet also a sweet, caring man, away from the keyboard.

RIP, James. X

Btw,

Bittersweet to see such good people/fellow "older" BCG-era members posting on this thread. Love to you all.

So shocked by this. In real life, I found James was nothing like his online persona. Funny, genuinely caring and just a brilliant writer.

The world is a less entertaining place today.

RIP James.

Dan

Quote: T.W. @ 31st March 2017, 7:29 PM

Bittersweet to see such good people/fellow "older" BCG-era members posting on this thread. Love to you all.

Seconded. Nice to hear from you, Tim. Hope you're doing well.