Rest in Peace, Renegade Carpark

I just heard the terrible news on Facebook via his brother. What a shock. He was probably the wittiest man that I've ever known. Facebook will never be the same without his voluminous and carefully crafted rants. I will miss him greatly and I'm glad that I had a chance to meet him in London three years ago. We had such a good time at the BCG meetup that we hung out again the next night and had another hilarious evening. I was looking forward to more beers the next time I visited the UK.

Rest in peace, James. You were a good man and a good friend.

This is awful news
I was going to see him for a beer tonight
I'm in shock, was hoping it was a wind up

Shit.
Is this true?

Yeah, I was a bit concerned after seeing his brother's post asking if anyone had heard from him, but after he said that they'd found him and everyone could stop worrying I breathed a sigh of relief. My heart almost stopped when I saw his brother's next post and I was hoping that it was part of a windup, but when his family members started chiming in my heart sank.

He was such a wonderful guy and it saddens me to think that so many people couldn't see past his brilliant rants and their own politics to realize it for themselves,

Quote: DaButt @ 31st March 2017, 2:47 PM

He was such a wonderful guy and it saddens me to think that so many people couldn't see past his brilliant rants and their own politics to realize it for themselves,

Seconded.
For a comedy forum the incidence of sense-of-humour failure is surprisingly high.
Well that's a terrible thing to have happened.
Very sad.

Oh dear, I was looking forward to him coming back on here and crossing swords with him - now it won't happen. RIP fella.

Bloody hell, how awful.
He could obviously be infuriating (and very much enjoyed it!), but he was clearly a good guy.

Bit of a shock. If it had happened tomorrow I'd be sure it was a joke.

Shocking news. RIP RCP.

Quote: zooo @ 31st March 2017, 3:14 PM

If it had happened tomorrow I'd be sure it was a joke.

The first thing I did was to check the calendar to make sure it wasn't some sort of Brexit-related shenanigan.

This has hit me pretty hard, James was genuinely one of the nicest people I have ever met.

Very sad news indeed. Rest in peace, Sir. You argumentative bastard.

Very sad. Vale Rene.

A brilliant contrarian who did not spare others feelings but entirely without malice. I shall miss putting him right. I also suspect that he owes me a pint - which I am sure is how he would like to go. RIP James you big lug - what did you want to go and die on us for?

Arrgh!

I didn't know till Sunshine msged me late this afternoon.

At first I too did not believe the news, though I had seen his brother's msg that RC had not ranted yesterday which was very unusual.

:S:(:(:(:(:(

That is terrible news. I thought this was a thread he'd started himself. I can picture him in Purgatory arguing with Martin McGuinness. Kick him in the bollocks for me RCP.

Are there any more details?