Comedy Screenwriter(s) needed

Hi

Do you have experience in comedy writing/storyboarding for social media videos? If so, this could be ideal for you.

We are planning on creating a youtube video, with the intention of viral sharing, that depicts a married couple going out on a date for the first time together in ages. The couple in question will be likely mid-30's, couple of primary school kids, a professional working couple. We want to depict how they have to juggle the mundaneity of married domestic life (cleaning up after the kids, putting out the recycling etc etc) with the excitement of getting ready for their first romantic night out together in ages. This may best suit comedy writers themselves are of a similar demographic and domestic situation so that the scenes we depict are very relatable and funny for the viewer. It will be set to music, so won't require any spoken script as such, the comedy will be visual.

This will be a paid role, the amount of which will be discussed. We are a tiny startup company, so it won't be megabucks, but it will be paid work. It could be great portfolio work if we get the comedy right and it goes viral. We may even use two screenwriters, one male, one female, to ensure we capture the different gender perspectives well. The actual final video we anticipate being a predominantly female audience, but you never can tell with social media !

Look forward to hearing from anyone who thinks this would suit them.

Thanks

Mark

Interesting. How long do you want it? And do you want it home based (before they go out), or home, travel & venue based?

I guess the final video will likely be 1 min long once edited, maybe slightly longer. It'll be largely home based, domestic life depicted, then the getting ready etc etc. Then it'll be venue based as they attend the night itself, though that will be relatively marginal as we don't want to depict that as too much of a calamity (we are encouraging people to go out, not dread it lol) , unless we can weave some comedy into this section.

Quote: MrC @ 27th March 2017, 2:05 PM

Hi

Do you have experience in comedy writing/storyboarding for social media videos? If so, this could be ideal for you.

We are planning on creating a youtube video, with the intention of viral sharing, that depicts a married couple going out on a date for the first time together in ages. The couple in question will be likely mid-30's, couple of primary school kids, a professional working couple. We want to depict how they have to juggle the mundaneity of married domestic life (cleaning up after the kids, putting out the recycling etc etc) with the excitement of getting ready for their first romantic night out together in ages. This may best suit comedy writers themselves are of a similar demographic and domestic situation so that the scenes we depict are very relatable and funny for the viewer. It will be set to music, so won't require any spoken script as such, the comedy will be visual.

This will be a paid role, the amount of which will be discussed. We are a tiny startup company, so it won't be megabucks, but it will be paid work. It could be great portfolio work if we get the comedy right and it goes viral. We may even use two screenwriters, one male, one female, to ensure we capture the different gender perspectives well. The actual final video we anticipate being a predominantly female audience, but you never can tell with social media !

Thanks

Mark

Well, I'm a female and with a sick sense of satirical humor, I'm game.

I'm interested, I think I could come up with something good

Have DM'd you!

Messaged!

Quote: MrC @ 27th March 2017, 2:05 PM

Hi

Thanks

Mark

Hello, I would love to get involved. Below is my website, so you can have a look at what I do....

https://deftonesaresuper.wixsite.com/website

Regards, Simon.

Hi,

I'm definitely interested in this. I'm a stand up comedian always looking to work with other like minded comedy people!

Thanks,

Mitch

Hi Mark

Hope your well, I've just signed up on here and have seen your post. Just wondering if your still looking for writers? if so i'd love to get involved.

look forward to hearing from you

Bev Green