Whoops Apocalypse

I know nowt about this early-eighties series apart from the fact that Rik Mayall was in this very unfunny sketch. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kf7gI4e0DAY

I think I remember a movie called Whoops Apocalypse - maybe it's from the same show.

Anyway, this sketch sucked but interesting to see some very early Mayall.

If you like watching Rik Mayall in crap roles in his early career, I highly recommend Shock Treatment, the sequel to The Rocky Horror Picture Show.

I remember the film was quite good with him playing a rather exitable SAS captain.

Can we bring the tiger sir?

How is this foreign?

The series is very good. Not seen the film, although I think I have it somewhere.

Quote: Chappers @ May 4 2009, 7:30 PM BST

How is this foreign?

I think the film might just count as foreign (according to whatever rules are being used) but the ITV Sunday night sitcom is very much deserving of space in Aaron's "British Sitcoms" category.

Isn't it by Renwick?

Marshall and Renwick, yes.

I just rewatched the whole series having been reading up on 1980s politics to learn more about current ones.

And this show is really fascinating, a sort of off the wall surrealist, satire.

I especially like the idea of a Labour Party checking out the brochure for joining the Warsaw Pact.

I think it's the first sketch about the pilots that put me off for years. Although the film is still superiror.

Was this the programme which included a scene with a weird old Scottish couple running a macabre hamburger shop or was that something else by Marshall and Renwick?

Why have I never watched this before? Watched the first episode yesterday on YouTube and watching episode 2 now. It is brilliant! I can't stop laughing. I think it helps being 50 as I lived through this period so nostalgia plays a part. The president is definitely a forerunner of George Bush!

The Johny Cyclops song - pissed my self.

Well I've finished the one and only series - 6 shows. The whole thing was brilliant. Check it out on YouTube. Anyone know why they didn't make any more?

Was it because it was the end of the World?

I do remember it being on but don't remember too much about it. It was a long time ago. Who did the theme tune? Or is my mind playing tricks and someone else did a song with this title?

I don't know about the theme tune it was a sort of Dallas type parody.

Watch it on YouTube it's very funny.

Quote: Will Cam @ 23rd March 2017, 9:43 PM

Well I've finished the one and only series - 6 shows. The whole thing was brilliant. Check it out on YouTube. Anyone know why they didn't make any more?

Now you need to buy the DVD and watch the film version!

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/whoops_apocalypse/shop/318/the_complete_apocalypse_dvd/