First script finished...now what?

Hello everyone,

New to all this.

I am looking for some help/guidance.

I have just finished my script for the first episode of a comedy drama I created.

It's took me a good year to write, re-write, write, re-write etc.

I feel like I am finally happy with it all and I'm ready to send it out into the big bad world.

I'm not currently in the business and have no experience of it, I am a complete newbie who had an idea, learnt how to format a script and cracked on.

I have around 34 pages (reading through approx. 29 minutes).

I also have a further five episodes outlined with sub story lines for each episode as well as a main story line I plan to continue through out the series.

What shall I do next? Where shall I send it?

I believe I have something funny and unique, well, I hope I do.

Please help.

Grant

Get someone else to read it before you let it out.
Pay them if needs be.

Checkout BBC writers room. http://www.bbc.co.uk/writersroom/send-a-script

Or post the first ten pages here, and other posters will comment.

Quote: Lazzard @ 8th January 2017, 10:34 AM

Get someone else to read it before you let it out.
Pay them if needs be.

I absolutely agree. That would be my advice too, as well as post some here and see what other folks think. Good luck!

I sent my first episode to Marc G Blake at www.writingsitcom.co.uk and paid £90 but it was money well spent. My draft is covered in red pen with thoughtful insights and a 1500 word report with good pointers on characterisation and plot. I just need to revise it now.

£90 is good value.
And he talks a lot of sense.

For that money I would expect a green pen!

I'll read it for f**k all and the crit will be better than Blake's. PM me if you're still alive.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 22nd March 2017, 11:59 PM

I'll read it for f**k all

So will most people here, doesn't make it a service, Godot.

That's handy, because I'm not offering a service, I was just being kind because I have a bit of time on my hands and I like helping people to be creative. I'll read yours too if you PM me quickly.

Welcome back Godot anyway.