Can anyone name this film? Page 2

Seriously?! 1972? It sounds by the info I can find more about drugs than a secret recipe!
Will have to see when I get a copy!

Well done Aaron. I'd never heard of that TV show.

They did well to milk a film out of one series.

Quote: Will Cam @ 18th March 2017, 9:33 AM

Well done Aaron. I'd never heard of that TV show.

They did well to milk a film out of one series.

Yes, the shortest-lived sitcom to get a film adaptation.

For what it's worth, I really enjoyed the film.

I think this is without question the film you were thinking of HCook, having read a user review on IMDB by a juliusdownes (who hated it!):
"...this is where the movie feels like it has ended... we then have another 15 minutes vaguely related to a secret formula for a fizzy drinks recipe which the deceased had secreted upon his person and should have been cremated with the body..."

Good work finding it, Aaron.

Yes it is most definitely that film!

Quote: Aaron @ 18th March 2017, 9:39 AM

For what it's worth, I really enjoyed the film.

Possibly my distaste for the film stems from it being such a lousy quality transfer on a cheapo DVD. But I can't recall any laughs. Just glum colors, image and "jokes". I wonder if you've seen the film that was paired with it on the cheapo DVD, Three For All -- a sort of prototype girl-power movie. Cast included John Le Mesurier and Arthur Mullard and many other stars. Even Edward Woodward appeared in a bewilderingly pointless scene at the end. Definitely one of the worst British comedy films ever.

You don't think I should buy this DVD at £30 then...................

https://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B003JTV8IM/comedyguide-21/

Read the first review by Henry29 - a lot of people ignore capitals, this man goes the other way for some reason. Also can't make out whether he is happy with it or slagging it off, despite the 5 stars he gave it. :S

Quote: Kenneth @ 19th March 2017, 7:49 AM

Possibly my distaste for the film stems from it being such a lousy quality transfer on a cheapo DVD. But I can't recall any laughs. Just glum colors, image and "jokes". I wonder if you've seen the film that was paired with it on the cheapo DVD, Three For All -- a sort of prototype girl-power movie. Cast included John Le Mesurier and Arthur Mullard and many other stars. Even Edward Woodward appeared in a bewilderingly pointless scene at the end. Definitely one of the worst British comedy films ever.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 19th March 2017, 9:28 AM

You don't think I should buy this DVD at £30 then...................

https://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B003JTV8IM/comedyguide-21/

Oh that DVD! No, you should definitely not buy it - and your critique makes perfect sense, Kenneth.

Those are hooky DVDs, made and sold illegally from off-air recordings and other poor quality transfers. I don't know why Amazon allows them to be sold through its platform at all, never mind at such a ludicrous price.

Quote: Aaron @ 19th March 2017, 12:17 PM

Oh that DVD! No, you should definitely not buy it - and your critique makes perfect sense, Kenneth.

Those are hooky DVDs, made and sold illegally from off-air recordings and other poor quality transfers. I don't know why Amazon allows them to be sold through its platform at all, never mind at such a ludicrous price.

Sorry, I should have made it clear I was joking, and that explains a little bit what the first reviewer I mentioned was on about. Doesn't explain the capitals spread throughout though.
Unimpressed

I knew you were joking, but it's always good to leave a warning and information for others. :)

Quote: Mahatma Kane Jeeves @ 18th March 2017, 10:56 PM

I think this is without question the film you were thinking of HCook, having read a user review on IMDB by a juliusdownes (who hated it!):
"...this is where the movie feels like it has ended... we then have another 15 minutes vaguely related to a secret formula for a fizzy drinks recipe which the deceased had secreted upon his person and should have been cremated with the body..."

Good work finding it, Aaron.

Thanks for all your help Aaron and everyone else! Clearly this is the film but my the reviews you've all given of it and the way the conversation has gone, it clearly isn't thought of highly! Still, would be good to see it again after such a long time. Do you know when the DVD is coming out Aaron?

Quote: HCook @ 19th March 2017, 10:55 PM

Thanks for all your help Aaron and everyone else! Clearly this is the film but my the reviews you've all given of it and the way the conversation has gone, it clearly isn't thought of highly! Still, would be good to see it again after such a long time. Do you know when the DVD is coming out Aaron?

:) Pleasure. Such a coincidence I'd seen it recently!

I don't have an exact date yet, but it's this year - my guess would be early summer. If you click that wishlist button on the product page (https://www.comedy.co.uk/film/thats_your_funeral/shop/5311/thats_your_funeral/) then you'll get an e-mail alert as soon as I know the date.

Thanks Aaron. I did some hunting and it appears that HMV are saying 17th April! http://store.hmv.com/film-tv/dvd/that-s-your-funeral

Well found. I'll double check that tomorrow.