Soldiers

7 JANETTE TOUGH
CARDEW ROBINSON

8 ELTON JOHN
RAY DAVIES

9 EMLYN HUGHES
BOB WILSON

5. Retronyms

2. The "four corners" states, or whatever they're called.

6. Toast/eggs?

4. Buses serving some particular route in the UK?

Quote: Kenneth @ 14th March 2017, 8:52 AM

5. Retronyms

2. The "four corners" states, or whatever they're called.

6. Toast/eggs?

4. Buses serving some particular route in the UK?

Excellent! Apart from 4 - now that would be obscure. :D No, the answer is far more world wide than that.

2 Colorado
Utah
New Mexico
Arizona

"THE FOUR CORNERS U.S.A."

VC Trivia:-
The only 4 US states that come together at a single point

5 Acoustic Guitar
Analog Watch
Optical Zoom
Organic Farming

RETRONYMS

With Victoria's trivia:-

Prefixed to distinguish them from newer technology i.e. before then they were simply known as a guitar, watch, zoom and farming.
Acoustic Guitar (as against Electric)
Analog(ue) Watch (as against Digital)
Optical Zoom (as against Digital)
Organic Farming (as against just Farming)

6 Kaya
Soldiers
French
Melba

TOAST

DIFFERENT WAYS TO HAVE TOAST (TOASTED BREAD)

VC Trivia:-

Kaya - Malaysian buttered toast with coconut egg jam filling.
Soldiers - Boiled egg with eggy toasted soldiers. Ummm!
French - Savoury or sweet eggy soaked fried bread.
Melba - Thinly sliced double toasted bread created by Escoffier at The Ritz for Dame Nellie Melba.

Looks like I've arrived too late. Would only have got the retronyms one. Well done to Kenneth.

The remaining questions look like they can't be deduced to me and require knowledge to answer so I think that's it.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 14th March 2017, 3:46 PM

Looks like I've arrived too late. Would only have got the retronyms one. Well done to Kenneth.

The remaining questions look like they can't be deduced to me and require knowledge to answer so I think that's it.

Oh :( Not even a stab at 9?

3 Old Glory
Hacky Sack
Keepy Uppy

4 127

7 JANETTE TOUGH
CARDEW ROBINSON
TERRY SCOTT

8 ELTON JOHN
RAY DAVIES
MADONNA

9 EMLYN HUGHES
BOB WILSON
MARTIN KEMP

8. Concerts at Hyde Park?

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 14th March 2017, 11:15 PM

Oh :( Not even a stab at 9?

Sorry Herc, I can't think of a connection between them. I didn't follow football when either Hughes or Wilson were playing which may or may not help.

This is the side of the game I dislike. It feels very satisfying and mind expanding when you can deduce connections but when you don't know something it's no different to 'Who wants to be a millionaire'.

Please keep posting though.

Quote: Kenneth @ 15th March 2017, 10:47 AM

8. Concerts at Hyde Park?

Sorry, no. Am tempted to give you a clue, but.......................... ;)

Same with Godot, but don't want to give it away before the 4th connection - no guarantee you'll get it then though.

Okay I'll have another go. All UNeducated guesses.

3. Colloquialisms for things that have no official name.

4. The ages of the four oldest living persons.

7. They've all dressed as schoolboys. Jeannette Krankie obviously and guessing Terry Scott because of 'my brother' - which I own a seven inch of btw!

8. All had number 1 albums but no number one singles from it.

9. All have a sibling who works in a different industry. (Basing this on Martin Kemp, so could equally say all have a sibling whose eyes are small as the full stops on a letter written by a spider).

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 15th March 2017, 3:21 PM

4. The ages of the four oldest living persons.

Nowhere near I am afraid, and would not be allowed either - anything that can change with age is out of course as it would change by time of airing OR they/it could have died. I had a couple of Royalty ones rejected 'cos of that.

7. They've all dressed as schoolboys. Jeannette Krankie obviously and guessing Terry Scott because of 'my brother' - which I own a seven inch of btw!

YES!!!! See, you even had the answer in your house. :D

Fan-Dabi-Dozi!

7 JANETTE TOUGH - of the Krankies of course (not many would know her real name, which was ideal for the first OC connection)

CARDEW ROBINSON - had a stage act as Cardew the Cad, and no, it wasn't funny

TERRY SCOTT - not so well known for also his stage act as a school boy, which culminated in the (I think) very funny "My Brother"

GERALD CAMPION - left till last as probably well known as the TV Billy Bunter. It was a toss up between him or Jimmy Clitheroe

Well, you got two points Godot! :D

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 15th March 2017, 10:18 AM

9 EMLYN HUGHES
BOB WILSON
MARTIN KEMP

Ooh! I know this! They all played for the fictional Melchester Rovers!

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 15th March 2017, 10:18 AM

4 127

All old style still film formats, for photography ?

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 15th March 2017, 4:20 PM

7 JANETTE TOUGH - of the Krankies of course (not many would know her real name, which was ideal for the first OC connection)

CARDEW ROBINSON - had a stage act as Cardew the Cad, and no, it wasn't funny

TERRY SCOTT - not so well known for also his stage act as a school boy, which culminated in the (I think) very funny "My Brother"

GERALD CAMPION - left till last as probably well known as the TV Billy Bunter. It was a toss up between him or Jimmy Clitheroe

See, I wouldn't have got it with the fourth clue. Luckily my larger than average (and hitherto unmanifested) knowledge of Terry Scott got me through.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 15th March 2017, 4:20 PM

Well, you got two points Godot! :D

I'm clearly the man to have in your team.

8. Stars who changed their real names to their stage names? John was born Reg Dwight. Maybe Ray Davies' birth name was Guiseppe O'Leary.

9. They've all appeared in Eastenders/shagged Peggy/Pat/Dot/Lofty.