Late night talk shows in the UK Page 2

The Nightly Show. Awful.

Just watching it Nil, pretty poor.

No, that was actually very poor.

I used to love 'The RDA' on BBC Choice. As good as it gets.

'The Nightly Show' though, words fail me.

"Danny Baker - After All"

Quote: Nil Putters @ 1st March 2017, 9:17 PM

The Nightly Show. Awful.

I'm sure it will improve when Gordon Ramsay helms it...

Sorry i should have posted that in the 'tell us a joke' thread.

I watched some highlights of the first episode... I say highlights. Can you still call them highlights when even the highest lights are that low?

Quote: playfull @ 2nd March 2017, 3:03 PM

I'm sure it will improve when Gordon Ramsay helms it...

Eh?

Gordon Ramsay ! He's just Piers Morgan without the skincare regime. I read stars have started to shun Piers Morgan's day time interviews. So another Ramsay disaster recovery exercise. Might be funny seeing him trying not to criticizes his guests or compete with their egos.

Quote: Firkin @ 3rd March 2017, 8:10 AM

Eh?

Gordon Ramsay ! He's just Piers Morgan without the skincare regime. I read stars have started to shun Piers Morgan's day time interviews. So another Ramsay disaster recovery exercise. Might be funny seeing him trying not to criticizes his guests or compete with their egos.

Only fundamental problem with the Nightly Show is Walliams. The format has been slagged off, but he is so self absorbed that he doesn't even realise the jokes are awful.

Ramsay is another lousy option. His limited vocabulary on interviewing will start with 'let me tell you . . .' punctuated with 'wow wow wow' in response.

Nothing personal - its just that people should play to their strengths and not wade in on other people's territory to make themselves even more dosh, I mean, Jonathan Ross doing Little Britain or Graham Norton yelling and swearing at people a cooking show? I don't think so.

Is Ramsey actually doing it?
I know John Bishop is next.

Quote: zooo @ 3rd March 2017, 2:28 PM

Is Ramsey actually doing it?
I know John Bishop is next.

Radio Times

David Walliams will be hosting the debut week of the show, with John Bishop to present week two.
It's been confirmed that Gordon Ramsay will also front a week of the show, with Jack Whitehall, Sarah Millican, Davina McCall and Mel & Sue rumoured to be in the frame for spots.

Blimey. Ramsey will be awful.
Millican and Mel and Sue would be good. Hopefully.

There's this show: https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/news_thing/videos/13042/nigel_farage_gets_knighted/

It's on RT which is an issue for some people, but at least it's not as boring as the Nightly Show.

DISCLAIMER: I work on it. This post was actually a plug all along.

None of the British show do "hard" satire. Donald Trump gets plenty stick in the US, but British shows only satire the shoes of Theresa May.
If Britain did a SNL it would still flop!

Quote: zooo @ 3rd March 2017, 3:06 PM

Blimey. Ramsey will be awful.
Millican and Mel and Sue would be good. Hopefully.

Mel and Sue will be typical innuendos. So, a huge flop is expected!

What are you watching? All the comedians on my TV never shut up about Trump.