Newsjack 2017 Page 16

My Nokia 3310 joke was about the difficulties of sexting using such old tech, don't know if it will get on (but I liked it).

One sketch for a trailer of a movie about the 89th Oscars is it for me this series. Bit of a rush job I wasn't completely happy with but what can you do when it's 11:58 am.

My (non-exhaustive) list of sketches I can remember from the record:

Theresa May is invincible
Corbyn defusing bomb
Terminator at WH correspondents dinner
Sober Geordie Shore (this may or may not have been mine; if it was it was muchly rewritten. Might just be a very similar idea)
Getting degrees at McDonalds
Bonnie & Clyde ballsing up
Tory MP testing
Nokia 3310 nostalgia advert
British products in Lidl
Censored Countryfile (this was v.funny)
Farage vlogging
Protesting unbranded Waterstones

If that sounds like one of yours congrats on making it into my memory.

Good show. See you all in September!

None of mine. Must try harder. Thanks

If they are all sketches there are a lot in this week.

That's it. I will try one more series MAYBE.

They will cut some of those sketches out I guess.

I sent gags about the Oscars mix-up, Jeremy hunt patient records "loss", SpaceX tourists, Tescos killing managerial jobs, Nicole Kidman's hands and Crystal palace fans.

That doesn't sound like mine.

I wrote one sketch which was a labour party take on The Prince and the Pauper, where the real Jeremy Corbyn turns up to take his job back from the pauper who split his party.

The Bonnie and Clyde one could be mine. Hopefully it it will make it through the edit. Still got my fingers crossed for my one-liners too.

I managed a sketch this week about Emperor Hadrian deciding that he needed a wall. I thought it had promise but wasnt 100% satisfied with it.

We got the "almost" email :)

That's a great idea about Bonnie and Clyde doing Oscar-like blunders, Nabbit. I take it they do stuff like go to the wrong bank and cock up their ransom notes etc. You must have written it quickly too, to make the deadline so soon after the Oscars.

Quote: Bonzo @ 2nd March 2017, 5:11 PM

We got the "almost" email :)

I guess that means i didnt get anything at all.

Quote: Mahatma Kane Jeeves @ 2nd March 2017, 5:13 PM

That's a great idea about Bonnie and Clyde doing Oscar-like blunders, Nabbit. I take it they do stuff like go to the wrong bank and cock up their ransom notes etc. You must have wrote it quickly too, to make the deadline so soon after the Oscars.

Ta. If it was mine that was performed, it may not have made it to the show: I got both a "nearly" email and a "made it" email.
I'm guessing the sketch didn't make it but a one-liner did.

Quote: nabbit @ 2nd March 2017, 5:18 PM

Ta. If it was mine that was performed, it may not have made it to the show: I got both a "nearly" email and a "made it" email.
I'm guessing the sketch didn't make it but a one-liner did.

Well done nabbit!

Here's the list everyone. Well done to everyone who submitted this series, even if you didn't get on the show. Newsjack will be back later in the year!

https://www.comedy.co.uk/radio/newsjack/episodes/16/6/