Upcoming DVDs

I've just updated our DVD listings. Upcoming releases include the complete box set of Up The Elephant and Round The Castle, the second series of Modern Toss, the first of ITV's run of The Morecambe and Wise Show (I suspect the 1978 series), Watching series two, plus more 'Allo 'Allo, The Two Ronnies, and Last of the Summer Wine.

You can find the complete list on our Coming Soon page.

Great to see Mrs Merton box set :)

Quote: Broxy @ January 21, 2008, 6:54 PM

Great to see Mrs Merton box set :)

hear hear :)

Quite a lot of stuff comeing up.

Sweeeet I hope that Bean set is available to us folks.
And was Love Soup any good?

I thought Love Soup was good - then again, I'm a big Tamsin Greig fan and therefore somewhat biased. (For those interested, "Green Wing" is now on Region 4 as well)

Some other interesting DVDs are coming up as well, such as the second series of QI.

Quote: Curt @ February 9, 2008, 9:48 AM

Sweeeet I hope that Bean set is available to us folks.
And was Love Soup any good?

There have been Bean sets out in the US and Canada for years. This one looks like it might be deleted, but it'll still be available for purchase on an 'unofficial' level. Unless the cartoons are what you want of course.

For those who are interested, the seventh series of Hi-De-Hi! will FINALLY be making an appearance on DVD in May.

Amazon don't have any record of the release yet, but you can pre-order through Play now.

[p=http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/5163747/Hi-De-Hi-Series-7/Product.html]

Is Hi De Hi any good?

It's alright, but not for everyone. If you enjoyed Dad's Army and can get it at a reasonable price then it's probably worth trying, but it's not on par with the excellence of Walmington-on-Sea.

Hippies - at last! Still no new Time Gentlemen Please DVDs though. That show is well over due a release.

TGP isn't looking hopeful any time soon. Avalon are fools. You can't just release the first few episodes like that anymore. People don't accept it. They'll wait, hoping that a complete series/collection will arrive, and so sales are low, and so it doesn't.

If anyone who worked on the content side of the DVD release (I suspect Universal?) is reading this, you are fools. With the popularity of Al Murray at the moment, how you make such a monumental f**k up of his only sitcom's DVD release I do not know! People don't want a selection of episodes. They want a whole series. Get to know your audience and what they want a bit better and you might find more sales come your way!

Quote: Aaron @ March 4, 2008, 11:50 AM

TGP isn't looking hopeful any time soon. Avalon are fools. You can't just release the first few episodes like that anymore. People don't accept it. They'll wait, hoping that a complete series/collection will arrive, and so sales are low, and so it doesn't.

If anyone who worked on the content side of the DVD release (I suspect Universal?) is reading this, you are fools. With the popularity of Al Murray at the moment, how you make such a monumental f**k up of his only sitcom's DVD release I do not know! People don't want a selection of episodes. They want a whole series. Get to know your audience and what they want a bit better and you might find more sales come your way!

Exactly!

Up the elephant and round the castle.....that show had realy slipped my mind. Not sure if it will have stood the test of time. May check it out to see.