Newsjack 2017 Page 15

Hello all! I'm mostly a lurker on this forum. Whistling nnocently

I've also posted this week's fail in the critique section - any thoughts welcome.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/33578/

I have written three sketches for the last episode of newsjack. Sadly I can only send two. How do you decide which to send?

It's hard. I have written one so far but I can see a number of reasons why they probably will not use it. However, as I have written it I feel I may as well email it though I have doubts. Now I have two other ideas in rough. I have doubts about both of those two too. If I finish both I don't know how to decide. None of that is helpful to you so sorry . I comfort myself with the thought that whatever I choose it won't get on the show.....but then there is always that tiny bit of hope. .maybe you could read them to someone for feedback.

Quote: TheKingLobotomy @ 26th February 2017, 5:49 PM

I have written three sketches for the last episode of newsjack. Sadly I can only send two. How do you decide which to send?

Send the best ones. :D

I feel your pain. As all footy fans know, it's the hope that kills you.

Quote: TheKingLobotomy @ 26th February 2017, 5:49 PM

I ended up in that position in the early hours. Decided the first was weakest so went for the two I wrote last night. Now I have to do some one liners!

Just sent three BNs and three NCs (for the first time). All written this morning, so they're pretty fresh. I'm happy with four of them but the other two were a bit pants.

Just sent 6 oneliners. I like some. Some unsure about. Sent two sketches into the ether.
Good luck everyone

Been pretty remiss on this series so far, but sent off 2 sketches and 6 one-liners this week. Going to the record tomorrow so I'll try to remember what they do.

Well done to everyone who's got on this series, I've had nothing on so far but the standard has been high so can't feel too bad!

Can't help feeling Trump is a double-edged sword though. I've tried to avoid him as he's so heavily satirised every single day, but then he dominates the headlines so much a good chunk of every show gets devoted to him.

Quote: Mike X @ 17th February 2017, 1:03 PM

Last week they used the feeble "Nine/Nein" one.

Ooops. It wasn't my joke, but I did use the idea. Must be why I've only managed 1 success this season :(

I managed no successes so one seems excellent to me.

we sent a full quota this week - good luck everyone! :)

Used my full entitlement this week. Found the previous couple of weeks tough, but enjoyed writing the one-liners this week.
Good luck everyone!

Just some one-liners and number crunchers this week.

Nokia 3310, Primark, Disability benefits, NHS, Snow in Iceland and, inevitably, the Oscars.

Fingers crossed - good luck everyone!

The most annoying thing about Newsjack (and it's happened a couple of times recently) is when they do a joke that is virtually the same as one you sent it, but with a weaker punchline. (All subjective of course!) The best thing about Newsjack is when they do a killer joke on a subject that you spent ages working on and then gave up on because you couldn't come up with anything funny!

I was thinking about the Nokia but didn't leave enough time and couldn't come up with anything. I did disability benefits but it was satirical rather than funny so probably not a chance. I gave the Oscars a miss thinking I had no chance because of all the stiff competition. Did also trump.....kids on drugs, pound coin, Stoke, football.