Inside No. 9 - Series 3 Page 2

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 29th December 2016, 11:48 AM

No, cannot agree. Clever bit of 1970s "Acorn Antiques" style TV, but apart from that I was disappointed and found it pointless. What was it meant to be? (can't type anymore beyond this for fear of spoiling it for someone)

############ SPOILER ALERT!!!! #################

(I think it was supposed to be a snuff movie!)

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 29th December 2016, 11:48 AM

No, cannot agree. Clever bit of 1970s "Acorn Antiques" style TV, but apart from that I was disappointed and found it pointless. What was it meant to be? (can't type anymore beyond this for fear of spoiling it for someone)

Herc, don't worry. Just pour yourself a glass of Sanatogen.:P

Quote: Will Cam @ 31st December 2016, 8:00 PM

Herc, don't worry. Just pour yourself a glass of Sanatogen.:P

When you haven't had a drink for three years even that is too strong. :D

Quote: Chappers @ 31st December 2016, 5:50 PM

############ SPOILER ALERT!!!! #################

(I think it was supposed to be a snuff movie!)

Well that's what I was going to say as that is what I thought, so now it is out of the bag - yes I agree with you Chappers, but where I am uncomfortable with it is I could not see that many people colluding in a film such as that.
It all seemed a bit over the top organisation wise for what basically is a grubby back street film.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 29th December 2016, 3:58 PM

Yes, a stated previous I understood all that.

I tell you what, my son is a connoisseur of horror movies, so I will post him the iPlayer link and get him to tell me what he thinks of it with no prompting from me. :)
And then I'll come back to you, when hopefully everyone will have seen it. :D

My son thought the same as me by the way. I am not saying we are both right, but both thought it was one of their poorer offerings.

Blimey, the stuff people consider entertainment these days.

Hammer Horror was very popular in its day, WW.

Yes but they were fun scary not disturbing scary.
Perhaps it's just me getting more timid in my old age.

Can't believe they are still making this!
Lucky if it gets a million viewers!

One big hole in the plot, otherwise quite enjoyable and funny in parts.

I liked it. Very twisty. And it kept reminding me of one of the old League sketches which was nice.
The part where Reece cut his fingers was actually quite disturbing.

Very enjoyable. What I like about these is they use such good actors, the waitress was very convincing. I couldn't look at the finger part, well I did, but through my own fingers.
Roll on next week.

Quote: zooo @ 22nd February 2017, 12:31 AM

I liked it. Very twisty. And it kept reminding me of one of the old League sketches which was nice.

You're not the only one. :)

The plan was ludicrous, but the humour was great, and having been though the bill juggle so many times it rang true to me.:)

Quote: gappy @ 23rd February 2017, 9:09 PM

The plan was ludicrous

An understatement and as I said before one big hole in it.

Well, what was it then Herc, don't keep us in suspense...

He's probably referring to the whole thing hinging on Glenister's character suddenly trying to intervene and take the knife from them during the struggle, leading to the accidental slashing of the throat (and Glenister's character not feeling the lack of contact between the knife and the neck).

Quote: Aaron @ 24th February 2017, 8:25 PM

He's probably referring to the whole thing hinging on Glenister's character suddenly trying to intervene and take the knife from them during the struggle, leading to the accidental slashing of the throat (and Glenister's character not feeling the lack of contact between the knife and the neck).

Got it in one Aaron. That's one helluva long shot that the whole thing was set up and rested on him doing what he did...............hmmm, and what was plan B.