Benidorm - Series 9

ITV's successful sitcom, Benidorm finally returns for a nine-part ninth series on 10th March. Personally, I thought the show went through a slight rough patch around Series 6-7, whilst the loss of the Garveys was a little sad at first. Series 8 which saw the introduction of The Dawson's which definitely allowed the series to move on, personally for me, Series 8 was a big improvement on Series 6 & 7, looking forward to series 9.

A series 10 is also being filmed from next month. Keep it coming as long as the scripts are good.

I also read somewhere that Madness are making a guest appearance in Series 9. Is this true?

Not as good as its heyday but still watchable

Back on 1st March not the 10th as I originally read somewhere.

Series 10 starts filming next month too.

Started off good but has went down the toilet since it moved to the hour episodes. I watch most of them in the slight hope it will be funny again but it a pale imitation of what it once was.

For anyone that still thinks it's hilarious, go to YouTube and watch the 30 minute episodes again

Talk about flogging a dead horse

Quote: smc4761 @ 25th February 2017, 4:53 PM

Started off good but has went down the toilet since it moved to the hour episodes. I watch most of them in the slight hope it will be funny again but it a pale imitation of what it once was.

For anyone that still thinks it's hilarious, go to YouTube and watch the 30 minute episodes again

Talk about flogging a dead horse

Netflix also has every episode too. While I agree that the first 2 series were better than others, I was also a massive fan of the 3rd series.

Yeah, the earlier series were hilarious. This new series so far has been very very poor, it's watchable just about. Hopefully Series 10 will be the last.

I'm still very much enjoying it.

I nearly jumped ship with Benidorm when Johnny Vegas left, but stuck around for Steve Pemberton and the Garveys. I tried to stick with it post-Garveys, but couldn't do it. Might give it another go at some point but it's definitely not at the top of my list.

I miss the Dyke family. They were fab.

Is Tim Healy still in it? If he is, I think I can convince myself to watch the new ones.

He is, yes. Fell ill part-way through filming this series though, so won't be in every episode.

Aww :(

Quote: Aaron @ 12th March 2017, 1:30 AM

I'm still very much enjoying it.

Aaron you on the wind up here?Whistling nnocently

Quote: smc4761 @ 14th March 2017, 7:28 PM

Aaron you on the wind up here?Whistling nnocently

Not at all. It's refreshing to have a silly show on air that's unashamedly aiming for laughs.

Quote: Aaron @ 14th March 2017, 7:48 PM

Not at all. It's refreshing to have a silly show on air that's unashamedly aiming for laughs.

I agree now all that Benidorm is lacking now is some laughs. You get the occasional part that you can smile at but not really laugh at