Chappelle's Show

I'm one of the few people I know that just doesn't like Chappelle's Show.

It's a different type of sketch comedy, but I just don't like Dave Chappelle's comedy. Half Baked was just outright stupid; expanding the worst stereotypes of Black America filled with expletives just doesn't cut it for me. Honestly, I don't get what people see in it; Richard Pryor was much more revolutionary and funnier than what is going on that show. I finally saw that Wayne Brady choke a bitch eppy and I didn't even crack a smile. Charlie Murphy's Hollywood stories were only slightly musing, and that is if you watch it uncensored. Over ten years later, its painful to watch and a lot of the material didn't age well. I'm wondering is this why Chappelle hasn't made a comeback since having his '50 million dollar nervous breakdown'.

Honestly, I blame this show as being the nail in the coffin for American sketch comedy. Even with Paul Mooney on the writing staff the show tanked on several fronts (with Chappelle saying the network wanted him to do more drag and more stereotypes without political backing); all in all I think what Dave tried to do as far as making a political statement backfired horribly in his face.

The musical numbers were okay...I know he was a huge hip hop fan so that makes sense but even at a point he was running out of authentic hip hop artists.

I agree. I don't find him funny and his show left me completely uninterested.

I'll check it out, I've heard good things though