Failed Newjack number crunchers

Would be interested in any feedback.

Had a go at number crunchers as I thought it might make an interesting challenge. The problem is after writing them and then re reading them a dozen times I cannot see if they are even slightly funny...hard work this writing lark.

99. The percentage that Chelsea will win the Premiership
99. The number of years Arsene Wenger has left on his contract

2. The number of Americans it takes to screw in a light bulb
1000. The number of Trump voters thinking, 'how did they get in a light bulb?'

100% The percentage of top awards Won by Adele at the Grammys
10% The percentage of special offers available at the till in Tesco's

Of these, the first one is my favourite, but it would be better if Wenger was more related to Chelsea. Like, if Wenger was actually their manager (and had been for as long as he has at Arsenal) then I think it would be a tighter gag.

The second one, despite mentioning Trump, isn't really topical. There needs to be a reference to something more specific in the news. I do like the fact that it plays on a classic joke format, though.

The third on has no connection between the two stats.

Those are just my layman's thoughts. It could be that I think too hard about them (thus explaining why I haven't actually submitted any yet).

Better luck next week. :-)

I think Stobbart has pretty much summed it up Playfull. What was the connection in the last one?

First - 99 doesn't mean anything in either of those contexts so joke doesn't really work

Second - Basically "Trump supporters are stupid" and NJ has way too many Trump jokes already

Third - Two random percentages, you need at least some Adele/Grammy/Tesco connection to make it work

Thank for the input all. Basically agree with the comments. The last one was meant have a disconnect - i thought that it worked to highlight the bastard trick Tesco's were pulling, but i have to accept it failed.

Thanks