Newsjack 2017 Page 11

Did any of you marvelous people happen go to the recording tonight and fancy reporting back on anything you remember?

No but on Angela Barnes twitter page someone who was there did say jokingly that he wold blame her if he had a man crush on the Canadian PM so I guess there is a Trump sketch there.

Is it too early to start the endless inbox refresh routine?

Good luck getting on everyone

I wrote a few sketches and some one liners last series and have been managing mainly one sketch and six one liners each week for this series and am having no success. I think I know where I have been going wrong. Is this normal to get nowhere over a series and a half? Also, is it normal to keep refreshing your inbox after five on a Thursday which is what I do... ?:D

Quote: BTF @ 16th February 2017, 4:30 PM

Is this normal to get nowhere over a series and a half? Also, is it normal to keep refreshing your inbox after five on a Thursday which is what I do... ?:D

its very normal.

Don't get discouraged

Thanks for your reply. Where there's life there's hope!

Here is who has made it on this week. Well done to those who are on there! Don't give up if you're not, there's new names appearing every week, it could be you next.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/radio/newsjack/episodes/16/4/

Thanks. It's getting the premise right that is the biggest sketch hurdle for me, I have realised. Well good luck everyone for next week. Geek

Well done to this week's successes.

Got the "made the script, got cut in the edit email", not sure whether that's actually more disappointing than getting nothing!

Well done Andy. Nothing for me. They obviously didn't like my Gary Neville University Challenge sketch. I have posted it in Criteque if anyone wants to give some feedback. Link below.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/post/1169702/

Well, that was a pretty bad ep last night. Yet more Trump/May/Corbyn. I know it's a topical show but there comes a point when you've just done a subject to death. Some of the one-liners were good, but others were abysmal and I can't believe they were the best ones sent it. The "Piers Morgan" and "Nesquik" jokes were virtually identical and totally predictable. Last week they used the feeble "Nine/Nein" one. Whoever chooses the one liners seems to have a very basic idea of what is funny and keeps going for the most obvious and predictable lines. If you know what the punchline is going to be after just hearing the first few words of the set-up then that is a bad joke. Must try harder next week.

I didn't think this week's show was as strong. The Trump impersonation was no where near as good as previous shows but I think it's a good thing that the lack of an impersonator on the show doesn't restrict who is featured. I never liked Nish Kumar's or R.R.'s. Opening monologues as they were very shouty and politically barbed. Angela's are much calmer and funnier to boot. THe show has become a talent slingshot so it is no surprise that the host now gets to script what is quite a large percentage of the show.

Makes sense Nogget.

Yes it makes sense

Quote: AndyGilder @ 16th February 2017, 8:14 PM

Well done to this week's successes.

Got the "made the script, got cut in the edit email", not sure whether that's actually more disappointing than getting nothing!

Well done Andy - I'd take it as a definite win!