Not Going Out - Series 8 Page 4

Quote: G180e @ 11th February 2017, 6:41 PM

Still prefer first five series though with Tim - those are classics!

Yes, bring back Tim Vine! I'll write the placards - how many do you think we might need?

The jury is out on this one. I like it and dislike it at the same time. There's something missing.

P.s - I'm not sure how I've avoided posting for 3 years. But Hello hello.

Welcome back David, do you like what Mark and Aaron have done with the place?

Wave

Tim Vine leaving was bad, but Lee got the balance quite correct in getting Hugh Dennis in to replace him without sort of directly replacing him if you know what I mean. It might simply be that I like Hugh Dennis too.

Friday's episode (the one with the Emma Bunton and Susie Dent) was excellent. Now I'm being picky here, but my least favourite of the episodes in this series so far had to be the one with Rob Brydon (stuck in the traffic) but even that had good moments.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the one that I saw being filmed.

Quote: Will Cam @ 12th February 2017, 8:21 AM

Welcome back David, do you like what Mark and Aaron have done with the place?

Wave

It's very different. More mobile friendly :) I feel my picture is a bit outdated now with all the modernisation

Quote: Dave @ 11th February 2017, 7:10 PM

The Emma Bunton thing was incredibly dated. It could have worked in 1997, but not twenty years later. Oddly, they seemed to refer to The Spice Girls in the present tense, as though they were still together. They should have asked Ellie Goulding or, at the very least, Sophie Ellis Bexter.

Emma Bunton made total sense. She was his crush as he himself is no spring chicken.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 12th February 2017, 12:03 AM

Yes, bring back Tim Vine! I'll write the placards - how many do you think we might need?

He's busy right now supporting Sutton United.

The last three episodes have been awful, in my view.

I think the series so far has been decentt, I've got used to the kids and the new house and format. While it's still not as good as Series 1-5 it's still a decent show. This week's episode about their oldest child was quite funny. The worst one out of the series for me was the one where they was stuck in the car.

Bobby Ball has hardly been in this new series either. Shame. Hope he's in it more in Series 9 and wouldn't it be great to see a guest appearance from Tim and Daisy.

I've noticed the guide has been updated to show there's 8 episodes this series rather than 6 that was originally listed.

I laughed a lot at this week's episode, Charlie.

In the earlier series you never really thought Lee had a proper job.

Having 3 kids you'd think he had a job. It would be interesting to know what it was. Has anything ever been mentioned?

Quote: Chappers @ 19th February 2017, 9:39 PM

In the earlier series you never really thought Lee had a proper job.

Having 3 kids you'd think he had a job. It would be interesting to know what it was. Has anything ever been mentioned?

He's a car salesman. Mentioned in the first episode.

I think, in the past, they didn't want him to work as it meant he would be away from the flat, which was the main set. He was an ice cream man for a while in the old series, but it was rarely mentioned.

Has this series finished now or is an 8th episode going out at some point?